wat are garrett t04's worth??

-

dustya_383

Reaction score
i have 2 garrett t04 turbos that i was going to use in my 67 belvedere but with money time and space an issue i wanted to sell but have no idea what they are worth. they are used got em from a friend for a straight trade for an engine block but no longer need them they are not massive turbos but i bet will lay some serious power down. what do you guys think they are worth?? or wat would you pay for em?

well being they are used i would want to see pics of the impeller for nicks and what not...

maybe bearings to see if they are pitted...

at least pics though...

ill try to post pics the ones i have are not uploading for some reason
the turbines spin freely and very smooth guy had them on his small block chevy

Im going to post up mine for sale soon. Asking 225 as that is what I paid for them. I'm going much bigger fit my build

T o 4 means nothing to anybody.

That is the frame of the Compressor Housing....another words the outside dimension, and the use of a bearing carttridge, and T3 or T4 exhaust housing.

What turbo people want to know, and should know is this:

Compressor Inducer Measurement - taken by measuring the inlet hole...usually referred to in MM millimeters
Whether the Exhaust Housing is T3,T4, or T6 and what A/R choke the housing is...should be stamped something like .48, .68, .86, .98, 1.04
What the Exhaust Turbine Exducer measurement is - taken by measuring the exhaust outlet, and referred to in MM millimeters.

How much Up/Down shaft play there is...and how easily the wheel spins.

Thats it.
A picture of the turbo with a tape measure or a ruler usually over the blades is best. Its hard to Hide FOD damage with pics like that.

T o 4 means nothing to anybody.

That is the frame of the Compressor Housing....another words the outside dimension, and the use of a bearing carttridge, and T3 or T4 exhaust housing.

What turbo people want to know, and should know is this:

Compressor Inducer Measurement - taken by measuring the inlet hole...usually referred to in MM millimeters
Whether the Exhaust Housing is T3,T4, or T6 and what A/R choke the housing is...should be stamped something like .48, .68, .86, .98, 1.04
What the Exhaust Turbine Exducer measurement is - taken by measuring the exhaust outlet, and referred to in MM millimeters.

How much Up/Down shaft play there is...and how easily the wheel spins.

Thats it.
A picture of the turbo with a tape measure or a ruler usually over the blades is best. Its hard to Hide FOD damage with pics like that.

SORRY NO PICS still not uploading

so im not sure if im giving the right names for these sections on the turbos but here goes

the turbine inlet is 63mm

compressor inlet is 70mm and it is stamped w/ .48

the exhaust is 1.75x2.25 in

-
Back