Watchamacallit

-

tomt966

Reaction score
What do you call the small (3/8 or 5/16) nuts that hold on lettering? They are hex head with a slot that screws up into an extremely coarse stud on the back of the letters. I can't find them when I don't know what they are called.

they're called trim nuts, I just bought some at my local Napa, they come in bags so you can't get individual, I got 35 of them for $6

Me thinks trim nut is the new politically correct term........speed nut is what they've been called since the dawn of the trim era by those who use 'em.........BUT, they're listed differently at various sites because they're known by different names. They're handy dandy's fer' sure by whatever name.

If you go in the little drawers in Ace Hardware, they are there too; The help doesn't now the name, as it is different.

Me thinks trim nut is the new politically correct term........speed nut is what they've been called since the dawn of the trim era by those who use 'em.........BUT, they're listed differently at various sites because they're known by different names. They're handy dandy's fer' sure by whatever name.

Thanks guys - NAPA calls them body moulding clips

If you go in the little drawers in Ace Hardware, they are there too; The help doesn't now the name, as it is different.

Right. All the above. Sometimes it depends on what part of the country you're standing in when you ask a question that determines what you're asking for.

What's a pole cat?

-
Back