Watched the original Gone In 60 Seconds last night

-

GSS340

Reaction score
Thats a killer movie!!!! I had never seen it nor the remake before so it was totally brand new to me. The red challenger that they stole in the beginning...was that a 70 or 71? I could see that it had a 72-74 front end and taillight panel on it but it had early sidemarkers and a big block in it. Also when they were dumping the one into the crusher it had a black rt tailstripe and rt emblems on it with dual cutout exhaust panel????

How about the sub-lime with the black billboard strip charger that gets the garbage truck tipped over on it, I hate that part, that charger is probably my favorite car in the movie.

Yeah, I forgot about that one. Did it have rallye doors? I spotted a few barracudas in there too. Wasn't there a yellow cuda in the really bad wreck that eleanor jumped over?

There was a 71/72 RR that took a hard hit in the qtr. by the Stang during the big chase scene.
During one of the thefts(don't remember which one) in the background is the tail end of a 69 Charger R/T and a 70/71 Yellow Duster.

Was that blue car a RR or a GTX? I thought I saw some GTX emblems...what ever it was it was a sweet car.

I just re-read your post, the first time? Man I remember when that thing came out I was 13 and was just wide eyed the whole movie. The newer Gone in 60 Seconds sucks canal water compared to the original. Since I am older and watch it now I can appreciate how good a driver H.B. was. I also now kringe because of all of the 70's cars that would be cool to own. Even the little brand new rice grinder RX2 and RX3 rotory Mazda's (I had a RX3 once) are pretty cool because they are 2dr, rear drive. Do you think they went through enough B and C body cop cars?

340mopar said:
Do you think they went through enough B and C body cop cars?

Ever see "The Sugarland Express" it's an old Goldie Hawn movie.
There must be a hundred C-body cop cars in it!

old one>>>> new one

I orginaly saw the new one, then later on saw the old one wow i loved the old one the case sceane is WAY BETTER. hah kinda funy i remember when i was watching the orginal, and the guy puts the brief case on the window trim and sits it there while picking the lock i was like awh dont scratch the car, then during the case seen i was line awh, one cool stuff, second lots of mopars get wrecked :wack:

Dart360Custom said:
Your thinking of vanishing point. And yes it was a camaro that got crashed into the bulldozer insted of the mopar :wav:

You`re absolutely right, Hemi Challenger, was it? Man, my mind is going , going, GONE!

It was a stripped firebird in VP.
My dad showed me gone in 60 when I was about 6 and Im still pretty sure that H.B. hated mopars cause he beat the crap out of them in all his movies.
Also check out 2 lane blacktop, Hollywood Knights, Funnycar Summer, and Heart like a wheel just got rereleased.
Im also trying to find an old car movie about a blind guy in Austrailia in a 55 chevy. All I remember is the guy driving on the little road bumps that divide the lanes and saying something like "Ahhhh, Brail". Anyone remember?

The blue '71-'72 B body that dude steals then returns is a Satellite Sebring.

Yeah I just watched the original Gone in 60 sec. about 4 months ago. Awesome movie except the destroying of the Mopars. I was in awe with the chase scene!!!

Just saw the remake of Vanishing Point last week. Pretty darn good for a remake.

I remember going and seeing the original "Gone is 60 seconds" at the movies when I was around 12 or 13. All stunt driving back then, no computer help, that's what made it so cool IMO. Course, a lot of good cars gave up their life for that movie.

-
Back