Watching grassroots drag racing....

-

Abodybomber

Breaking street machines , since 1983.....:)
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Been to National meets,great show. I prefer , watching test and tunes,local quick 32/16 stuff. The everydag stuff. How about you?

I agree with you. I dont go to national events anymoreand in the pro ranks I only look at prostock. I really like cars running 13.00 down to 9.90s.

i do like doorslammers best,stock,super stock, is the best they have at the national event level.

I like the local stuff as well.We have a National Rat Rod/Street Rod Meet here every summer.They have Friday drags at the air port.kinda run what ya brung,match up with who ya want.It is a blast.

Attachments

• drags 005.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 123
  • drags 010.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 116
  • drags 015.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 109
  • drags 007.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 126
  • Rat Rod-1-13 016.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 120
  • Rat Rod-1-13 012.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 122
  • 07-27-12-2 016.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 117
I love to go and watch everyday guys (and gals ) race the cars they built and work on. Not always the fastest but easier to relate to than multi dollar cars that don't even look like cars anymore.

i do like doorslammers best,stock,super stock, is the best they have at the national event level.
I agree, if it don`t look like an american car w/ doors, it don`t float my boat. I don`t care for funny cars anymore cause they don` t even resemble what their supposed to be--I dam sure don`t care for 1/8 mile racing, they should have at least gone to 1000 feet, like the fuel boys. their ruining dragracing that`s why networks are dropping it------------------------------ :angry5::poke:just my 2cents------bob

That is what I like to watch too.At Union Grove for the Labor day weekend they had a show called The Time machine Nationals and that was a fun weekend.

Absolutely! If I go to a National meet I'm in the pits checking out the door cars while the fuel cars are running..less crowded then.I will watch Pro Stock and Pro Stock Motorcycle but I actually prefer to just go to a good old Saturday night Bracket Race.

I agree, if it don`t look like an american car w/ doors, it don`t float my boat. I don`t care for funny cars anymore cause they don` t even resemble what their supposed to be--I dam sure don`t care for 1/8 mile racing, they should have at least gone to 1000 feet, like the fuel boys. their ruining dragracing that`s why networks are dropping it------------------------------ :angry5::poke:just my 2cents------bob

Don't know where you are getting Networks are dropping Drag Racing.Every National event has same day coverage on ESPN 2.It doesn't always get a very good time slot but it's there. 1/8TH mile racing has been around forever in the East and South part of the US.:hello2:

I dont agree i think the funny cars are awsum and top fuel.
Pro stock for me is kinda boring they dont move much.
Gotta love the shake,rattle and roll of a funny car come on!
I also do like to see local racing too

Hey Tim.:hello2:

I know where your coming from here. Man, back in the late 70's/Early 80's, i used to attend a lot of the off night races when i lived in Maryland. 75/80, Capitol, Budds creek (MIR), Manassas, Va, etc.

Mostly on reconnaissance missions checking out the competition......lol. I loved it, and the amount of super fast street cars that were hiding in the woodwork was amazing. 10 and 11 second cars, that you'd rarely see on the street would show up all the time. Remember, this was ages ago...:D. I still have several cars in my memory that just blew my mind.

One was a 69' GTO.....Triple white, bench with column auto, G60ish belted tires, and the only visible mod was headers, i checked real close. Super quiet, pretty car.......yea right, 12.30's @ 110.:banghead:

One other was a 67/68 Mustang fastback. Was a big block Ford of some type. Never saw the hood up, but had the wrap around everything header pipes hanging down.....lol. Full exhaust that was quiet, about a 10" belted street tire, and was just in average looking condition body wise.....Uh Oh, 10.70's @ 129........Are you frikken kidding me.

Remember this was 30/35 years ago.....

I may recall a few more over time, but what i'm getting at is, you can learn a great deal about your surrounding's attending some Test & Tunes. :D

Yup. I like realistic cars, like something I could afford if had that much time and passion for it.

I've run my own a few times on test and tune.

-
Back