Water in footwells??

-

nick69

Its Me!!
Reaction score
Guys it seems ive got some water collecting in the footwells of my 67 Dart. Can anyone tell me where to start looking for the leak??

I cleaned the cowl out the other week so thats clear.

Any help to save me some time would be much appreciated.

Nick :scratch:

Check the wiper pivots. Do you get a drip on your left foot and one on the trans hump? Are the gaskets good on top of the air door box? Hope it doesn't smell like antifreeze. Could be the windshield gasket or rust out around it. Common to rust in lower corners. Sometimes leaks are hard to find. Good luck.

It's quite likely a leak around the windshield. Did it just start leaking or did you just recently notice it?

Its started about 2 months ago. No water on the trans hump. Its not a huge amount but it lands in both drivers and pass' side wells.
Only happens when it rains so......
Ill check the fresh air vents, im going to order a set of wiper seals just incase.

nick69 said:
Its started about 2 months ago. No water on the trans hump. Its not a huge amount but it lands in both drivers and pass' side wells.
Only happens when it rains so......
Ill check the fresh air vents, im going to order a set of wiper seals just incase.

Same problem here...Did you find yours?

Not yet, still waiting for the wiper seals to arrive. Ill take the F/air vent out and replace the seals.

-
Back