water leak in 70 Duster

-

swifter

Reaction score
Thanks ahead of time--My 70 Duster has drips of water on the drivers side floor mat when I wash the car??? When I restored it i put new wiper pivot seals in it and also put new seals for the fresh air vent on the drivers side,Somewhere here I have seen Cowl drain flaps for a body's??? does my car have them and could this be the problem???? I've looked for such a thing in the cowl but have seen nothing that resembles a cowl flap??? Anything you guys can direct me to would be appreciated--Steve

Drivers side vent box?

Open the door and see if it's wet.

Ok how am I suppose to reply with them bouncing like that???? Nope the inside and outside of air box is dry as a bone--that's what has me puzzled !!!! Any other suggestions--Steve

Don't know if you had your windshield out but if not they like to rot out the lip in the lower corner, this causes a leak that comes in from the inside and behind the kick panel.

There are no flaps but there is an opening at the end of the cowl on each side near the hood hinge. They can get clogged causing water to back up in the cowl. Bottom of the cowl can be rusting through too - but that's less likely unless the car is/was a real rust bucket.

Attachments

• Hood Hinge Spring.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 129
Thanks Guy's this is after an extensive resto--New window gaskets,New windows, New fresh air box's that when I put them in I not only used the new gaskets but siliconed it as well--Steve

-
Back