Water/Methynol Injection?

-

USMC1968

Reaction score
For all of you out there with a supercharged setup or know someone who runs one, is a water/methynol injection system worth the money? I keep going back and forth trying to decide whether or not to run one. I would like to get as much input or thoughts about these systems as possible. I really don't want to spend $400-$600 on something if its not worth it. Thanks in advance.

Kevin

Hi there, if your beast sucks the amount of high test that my turbo cars do, it might actually pay for itself by being able to run a lower octane gas. also if you run high levels of boost it's good insurance and adds some oumph- or so it seems to me anyhow... just my two cents.... Have a good one!

If you don't mind me asking, which company did you purchase your system from? I have researched a couple different styles but I figure the best way to research the topic is to get some feedback from people who run them. I will be running between 9-10lbs of boost and wasn't sure if they would only really benefit engines that ran more of a charge than that.

Theres a guy here who is using an alcohol inj setup on his turbocharged Dart. Snocool? Cant remember the name of the system. Maybe he'll speak up.

Maybe you were thinking of Snow Performance? I've looked at their systems as well. They offer a Stage 2 kit for a roots blower application for about $600. That would be great if they used that setup and could give some feedback on it. That's the one I've had my eye on the most.

-
Back