-
Status
Not open for further replies.

SRT_DSTRHOLC

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
I need a water neck for my 360 this dam chrome is leaking and I hate cleaning up after it. Sanded the bottom lightly and still leaks

damn if you had posted this earlier i could have throwed it in your box. i,m not gonna stand in line for 45 minutes again for that.sorry

sounds like he has a one piece. you must have a swivel one like mine. thats a good idea on the silicone as i redid mine twice b4 it stopped leaking.

mine is one piece and no worries DD thanks though! And ehh on Auto Zone rather wait for one I can get for Dirt.

I have an LA stroker but oddly enough the M1 intake uses the magnum style water neck. I used the cheap chrome one on it. I used a slight kiss of RTV sealant and tightened it up then let it sit for 24 hours before I filled it up with water and fired it off. Zero leaks.

I tried that as well, but mine still leaks I even put sealant on the outside around the housing and the matting surface of the intake. does not look pretty. How did you figure out the M1 took the magnum? if its a LA intake? I have the magnum/LA intake maybe thats the problem, no idea

The magnum neck is alot smaller and the bolt spacing is different. The Thermostat is also different. LA water neck will not work on the M1 intake for the LA engine.

Maybe you are overtightening it. Try it again but block sand the bottom of the T Stat housing first, clean it off, new gasket and kiss it with some Black or Gray RTV. Tighten it snug but don't get too excited and over tighten it splitting the gasket. Snug and a 1/4 turn more will do the trick! Let it set and I bet it will be good.

Ohh and drain the water down into the intake so no water gets on anything while it is drying.

The intake on my car has a chip where the water neck bolts down. I filled it in with RTV and put a little all the way around it and it has not leaked in 12 years. Though now that I have said that it should start leaking any time now. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back