Water pump/timing cover bolts

-

jimynick

Reaction score
Well, I've spent a couple of hours looking for the water pump/timing cover bolts and all I've got to show for it is the 3 short ones for the bottom of the timing cover. Does anybody have the lengths of the others? A 5" bolt seems to be pretty close for the 4 (2 by 2) through bolts at the top which go into the block, but the lower ones are different lengths (as per the casting) and the one by the fuel pump hole is different yet again. I bagged and tagged everything else, but these SOB's have gone into the ozone! Any and all help is appreciated! Thx.

With the timing cover and water pump and all the accessory brackets in place. Use a piece of coat hanger and measure the depth of each hole.

Too long and you crack your cylinder wall. Too short and you risk stripping some threads.

Also many places sell repo bolt sets.

But I would still measure anyway.

And don't forget the thread sealer for the ones that penatrate the water jacket.

Well, I've spent a couple of hours looking for the water pump/timing cover bolts and all I've got to show for it is the 3 short ones for the bottom of the timing cover. Does anybody have the lengths of the others? A 5" bolt seems to be pretty close for the 4 (2 by 2) through bolts at the top which go into the block, but the lower ones are different lengths (as per the casting) and the one by the fuel pump hole is different yet again. I bagged and tagged everything else, but these SOB's have gone into the ozone! Any and all help is appreciated! Thx.
Mancini sales a kit

I buy a cheap long bolt at the hardware store & use it to gauge what length I need at each position. I think the bare minimum std thread engagement is 1 &1/2 times the bolt dia

-
Back