Water Temp Gauge

-

darc1722

Reaction score
I'm looking for a mechanical water temperature gauge that would work with a 318 small block. I have an edelbrock performer intake but not sure if any plugs are for a temp sensor. Let me know if you have found a gauge that works with this set up, thanks.

I'm looking for a mechanical water temperature gauge that would work with a 318 small block. I have an edelbrock performer intake but not sure if any plugs are for a temp sensor. Let me know if you have found a gauge that works with this set up, thanks.

There is a couple of outlets you can use, one is the front right of the thermostat, the other is at the back right behind the carb

The senders on all mechanical, aftermarket, water temp gauges, that I have seen, are basically the same.

Find the style you like, then make it work. Sometimes you need to get creative like enlarging and tapping existing holes.

The port on the rear runner behind the carb is for vacuum.

This my Eddy and you can see the sender right behind the small heater hose.
Dont know if yours is layed out like this, but the basics are a 1/2 threaded hole that go into the water jacket in the manifold.
I had three choices on mine.
It is a two peice connection, as the base goes in first and the the sender goes into that.
Most all guages come with these parts, and as said they are all pretty much the same.

Attachments

• sender.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 565
Tony, Dude!
You have a towel in your engine compartment. :)

-
Back