Waxing stripe question??

-

Mr.FT

Reaction score
My 72 Demon 340 has matte black vinyl stripes, is it ok to use "quick detailer" on them when I wipe the car down? How about wax when I wax the car?
Thanks

Rule of thumb your not suppose to but....i've been waxing mine for over 6 years now..and i detail the car with a spray detailer atleast once a week..no issues that i can see..

Good question! Sounds like an "Auto Geek" question/answer.

My sports stripe is white but I always try to wipe around it with my quick detailer spray. I use of all things a Walmart sold brand called "Hot Rod Detail Spray". I have tried more expensive specialty stuff but it does not give me that smooth easy to wipe feel the Walmart sold product does! It gives a great shine and easy on off.

Last edited:
Depends on the type of wax. I have had no problem with flat black, or gloss black vinyl decals, or even black rubber trim, when using the Turtle Wax ""Ice" products.

We don't suggest "waxing" any decals. The vinyl manufacturers will invalidate any warranty if the product is waxed.

We don't suggest "waxing" any decals. The vinyl manufacturers will invalidate any warranty if the product is waxed.
Woops,
Guess my warranty is void LOL. I use quick detailer on mine all of the time (Phoenix Graphix). You guys truly have a great product, mine has been on since 2000. Still looks new and no problems at all.

Our slide over product is not a wax it is protectant. Wax draws the moisture out of decals and makes them crack. I am sorry for any confusions.

-
Back