(We) (car) people are FUNNY!

-

barbee6043

barbee 6043
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
The older I get the more time I have to ponder (wonder about) people!

We all get big chuckles out of cars and part listed for sale on CL and FB Marketplace for sure.

My latest chuckles are with my latest car for sale. ITs a 75 straight six AMC Hornet, all body and paint done last year? Is it a rare beast?? ha No rust, nice paint.....but it would be same story if of a slant Dart lets say. A rust free running driving car that needs very little to be perfect. $3500 with title. Yep here IN TEXAS not Ca. or N.J. Let it begin!!!....//////

So the tire kicker comes to look and the gas gauge ain't working. No deal. He does not have time to work on it! Next guy. Would ya take $2000? I ask if he is a flipper? Yep. OK. How much profit do you need to make?? Next guy. I can see a stitch in the bucket seat that could maybe start to maybe need attention. Maybe/ And there is a place where a bird pooped on it other day. Will ya take $3500? Yep thats my price. Oh.... let me see IF my wife will let me buy it. I will get back. (I all em "MomBacks".) Next...... I really like the car but would ya take a Honda motor scooter that missing the motor and a shotgun missing the stock and hammer plus $50??? Next..... I want it but will ya take $50 down, let me take it home and send ya $50 a month???? Next...... I want this car!!!!!!! But wife says I MUST trade ya my 62 four door door Falcon that does not run, and the rear qtrs. are rusted off...... And since I have it for sale at $6500, I need $3000 BOOT!!!!! I told him I would think it over!!!!!! I like Fords!! :BangHead: :poke: :thumbsup: :rofl::steering:

Then the next funny was the post in a FB car site. The guy has a dozen old (Mopars,Chevies, Fords...fill in the blank) that he has accumulated over the decades. The guy is in his 60s. Discussion........Then a feller (maybe a younger feller??) makes his statement as to how the GUY should NOT be allowed to own any more than one of these old car at a time/ HOARDER!!!!! He keeps other guys from being able to buy an old "fill in the blank" classic (old car) because he is a HOARDER! thus Nothing out there to be bought plus he has RUN up the price where NO ONE can afford anything!!!!

Then people take pity and try to explain that the "guy" has spend many years, miles, sweat, and some $$ in this hobby and thus accumulates cars and parts. Maybe....The guy bought cars decades ago when his salary was $2 per hour. What is a deal today was NOT a deal decades ago. Lots of conversation......... :steering:

Could i get seventeenhundred and twelve pictures of the hornet ?

-
Back