Weather stripping

-

oldguy

Reaction score
Hi guys. Need some advice. I need the door strip (the one that goes all the way around the jamb) for my 63 Dart 2 dr post and the trunk strip for same. Found some on the internet but don't have a clue as to which would be best. Doesn't need to be the cheapest although that would be nice! Thanks in advance. Mike

:read2:Still looking!! but no luck yet.
I will keep on this and hope to find what I am calling it door seals for your 63
dart or valiant should be the same.
There has to be some, some where, I did find some for my old 63 valiant one time 2 years ago, I am on it.:read2:

Hey ya'll I should have mentioned this sooner,..........chevy s-10.Awww man did I say the c word?Ya'll can punish me for that later,for now go to the junk yard and get you some s-10 "windlace" it seals the doors great and you can dye the part of it on the inside to match your interior.It doesnt match the factory stuff perfectly but neither does the stuff they sell on e-bay(dont ask me how I know)you will be amazed at the similarity!

When I restored the 66 I used to own, I found black windlace with a gasket at J.C. Whitney. I used two pieces (one for each side) which worked best for me. You can check with Steele Rubber Products for this sort of thing as well. I've used their big glass and trunk gaskets with good results.

Might also check with Restorations Specialties in Windbar PA.

Thanks guys, just the kind of stuff I was looking for! I keep telling myself, "This is really Fun. This is REALLY FUN!". LOL Mike

-
Back