Weatherstripping

-

Dartsun

Mopar Dude
Reaction score
Hey all I need new weatherstripping and seals for my 65 Dart. Are the ones from DMT good? I like there heater box kits and what not. Or should I shell out more money for the Steele rubber? Thanks Dustin

Last edited:
I just went through this on my 66 Dart. I bought a lot of it from DMT, but just understand that a lot of the weatherstrip and other rubber soft parts DMT sells is from Metro or Steele. Not sure what you mean by 'precision rubber.'

I just went through this on my 66 Dart. I bought a lot of it from DMT, but just understand that a lot of the weatherstrip and other rubber soft parts DMT sells is from Metro or Steele. Not sure what you mean by 'precision rubber.'
I meant steele rubber lol

Did you install them? Do you like the product you recieved?

Did you install them? Do you like the product you recieved?

The great thing about DMT is that they're somewhat of a one stop shop. I say 'somewhat' because there were some items for my 66 that I had to buy elsewhere, such as the flocked vertical run channel for the front windows. A company called "Rubber the Right Way" had an 8' strip of the that for only $20 (Glass Run Channel - Flexible - 8' Strip - 17/32" Tall 3/8" Wide).

Most everything else I ended up getting from DMT. It's amazing how much all of those soft parts added up. It was easily over a grand for everything (front & rear windshield seals, vent window seals, door weatherstrip, beltline seals (window sweeps), run channel, roofrail seal, etc.

I haven't installed the front or rear windshield seals (those were Metro seals I believe), but so far I've been happy with everything I have installed.

I've gotten a ton of stuff from DMT and have been happy with all of it. Their trunk seal changed my life!

Metro makes great stuff. I've replaced my 65 Valiant convertible roof rails three times and the sides always shrink leaving a 1/8" gap. I wish I could defy this shrinkage.

-
Back