Wedged my 69 the other weekend...

-

one bad 440

Reaction score
Thought you guys would like to see this. I had a valve train geometry issue with my 440 and had to pull it back out so in the mean time I wanted to see if my 1963 426 stg II max wedge still ran fine so I installed it and what do ya know it does ! Took it down the street a couple of times and other then a little smoke it runs good and strong. This engine has been sitting on the shelf for over 20 years and I have decided to sell it so I will be listing it soon, it is complete from air cleaners to oil pan.

102_4732-1.jpg

102_4729-2.jpg

102_4733.jpg

102_4749.jpg

102_4748.jpg

I think it really brings out the wow factor when the hood is up... what do you guys think?
How about my antique cherry picker too... I keep it in my bay for me only. Damn thing is twice as slick as anything newer.

wow factor hell ya awsome engine would love to have it. bet its worth a year of my wages tho lol .

I would leave it in there....looks outstanding....

still cracks me up... "Well I was sitting around bored this weekend... remembered that old engine thats been sitting around the shop for 20 years... ya decided to stick it in for S&G's... what ya all think ? "

LOL who does that ???? You do.... AWESOME....

-RPM

still cracks me up... "Well I was sitting around bored this weekend... remembered that old engine thats been sitting around the shop for 20 years... ya decided to stick it in for S&G's... what ya all think ? "

LOL who does that ???? You do.... AWESOME....

-RPM

I do that all the time.

I had a 4-Banger in my D50, yanked it out for no reason and dropped in a Small Block... just because I was bored. :D

Got bored one night and decided to yank the 125cc Engine off of a Honda ATV and shoved a 350cc 2-Cylinder engine on the frame (from a Honda CB350)

Did the same thing with a Suzuki Quadrunner 185 ATV (replaced the engine with a 250)... Now it's getting a 4-Cylinder Engine from a GS750 motorcycle :D Just because I got bored. :D

Thanks guys, I'm starting to like it in there too... Its a torq'y ole engine, runs real strong to 6K and I didnt see any need to rev it any higher. I would keep it in there but the nostalgic value of it to a numbers matching car is making me pull it and put my 440 back in. It was worth the effort of the install to drive it around town a little. I figured you guys would like it too.

-
Back