Weird '78 440 exhaust manifold?

-

dusterdood

The Duster Guy
Reaction score
I pulled a pair of manifolds off of a '78 440, don't know what it's from. The pass side looks like every C body manifold, but the drivers' exits behind the exhaust ports. Would this be usefull swapping a big block into an A body?
Mike

Here's a pic or two, and one of the other side.

ex manifolds 001.jpg

ex manifolds 002.jpg

ex manifolds 003.jpg

looks very simular to the factory bbd drivers side but it seems as though it angles back a little too much. you might try it on for size to see if it'll fit. let us know.

I may end up letting my buddy who has a '73 camper use it to swap from a 360 to a 440. Just looks like it could be a big block into an A body swap candidate. One guy on BBD had a set of these, and I wrote to him to see how it worked out. If/when I hear from him, I'll let you guys know.
Mike

Could it possibly be from a truck?Or maybe some industrial application?Motor home?

Just guessing here!

Definately not off an "A" body. That drivers side manifold would probably dump right on top of your torsion bar.

These are off a '78 440, so they're not from an A body. They went away in 1976. Just thought some one might have tried them in a big block swap. There's one guy on BBD who had a set, and they were going into an early (pre-'67) A body. I've not heard back from the guy. Weird looking drivers' side.

-
Back