Weird ? about small block pulleys

-
I've torn down a LOT of Mopar engines and I have yet to see one where the water pump was driven 1:1 or under driven. All I've ever seen the water pump was overdriven, if not only slightly. Of course, I've not seen it all by a long shot, either. But for any type of performance build, I would want my pump overdriven.
Every single pair that I have (none of the cast pump models) consist of a larger WP pulley, (ie under-driven from a standard cooling engine). I, on the other hand, have never seen the over-driven (read smaller) pulley from an A/C application.

Every single pair that I have (none of the cast pump models) consist of a larger WP pulley, (ie under-driven from a standard cooling engine). I, on the other hand, have never seen the over-driven (read smaller) pulley from an A/C application.
Well you ARE in Canada and I AM in Georgia.

Can you post pictures or the part numbers? If the 5-1/4" w/p pulley is from an A/C application, it won't line up with a stock 6-1/2" single groove crank pulley. Maybe with spacers???
I don't think they are AC pulleys. (hopefully not). I will try to get pics this week before I go on vacation.

LOL...........That one went right over my head Rob! I never even knew what AC was until I joined FABO.:lol:
I never saw a 115V plug hangin out of a diesel truck grill till I was probably 20. lol

I never saw a 115V plug hangin out of a diesel truck grill till I was probably 20. lol
I had a 92 Chevy lumina that my motheron law bought new in 92 in Southern California.

Not sure why but in 2018 or there abouts, I opened a cover on the passanger side behind the head light.

There was a 120v plug inside, it was a block heater, I guess it was standard equipment on the variable fuel (0-100% M85) vehicle!

You're overthinking this. Even stock mopar water pumps outflow ford and GM pieces.
No need to over spin them or go to some high flow configuration. Stock is fine!

-
Back