Weird dreams.....let's see some of yours!

-
I had a dream when I was younger, it was about falling, then it hit me. I was sleeping in the top bunk of my bunkbeds, and I fell off and hit the floor.

I have an appointment next Wednesday to take my 2004 Dodge 2500 to a dealer to get the passenger side airbag recall done. After I made the appointment, I had a dream that the service dept. got it taken care of quickly and told me someone would meet me in the showroom with my keys. I go to the showroom and was met by a salesman who had my keys. He said he wanted to show me what I could get in trade in for my truck towards a new vehicle. I politely told him I wasn't interested and asked for my keys. He started his speel again. I stopped him and told him again that he had nothing I was interested in, my truck is in my will to go to a friend, and he needed to give me my keys. Once again he doesn't give me my keys and tells me I need to trade in my crusty old truck because it's almost 20 years old and unreliable by now. (My truck looks brand new and is LOW miles!) I didn't say a word...got him in a reverse headlock and choked him out while I was punching him in the ribs and gut with my free hand. I turned him loose, took my keys out of his hand, and told him he needed to go sell Time Shares instead of cars!

It's a weird dream because even though I have a very low tolerance for pushy sales people, I am not nor have I ever been a violent person.

JD, you did what people sometimes say that they'd like to do but are too polite!

Over the years, I've loved to just wake up on weekends and drift back to sleep a few times before getting out of bed.
I dream a lot and some do feel so real, they leave a memory in my head that later, I can't remember if the story I'm telling is one I imagined or something that I actually did!
I'm not a liar but a few times, I've had to focus a bit to determine if what I'm saying was real or a "false memory".

I had a dream I ate a giant marshmallow and when I woke up, my pillow was gone!!

I have a recurring anxiety dream every so often.

I'm on campus at the university I worked at. The campus has changed, and there are many huge buildings that are connected to each other by walkways and tunnels. I cannot find my way off campus.

I try to exit campus using various routes, but they are dead ends. Sometimes a route connects to another route, and I can walk in a loop. When I get into the loop, there is a breakroom with vending machines and people. Some of the people know me, and they may make a comedic comment like Here again? I've memorized some routes, and next dream I know which ones are a waste of time.

Some dreams I find several dead ends. Occasionally I land in an office with people. Most folks ask me how they can help or what am I doing here. Other times, the people know me and we chat.

Recently, I've found my way to a parking lot, and for bonus anxiety, I can't remember where I parked. At the lot, I'm given three choices. One is to turn around to explore more campus routes. Second is to walk home through a very dangerous neighborhood. When I take that route, I walk the streets and get lost. I pass houses where I have lived before, and reminisce about the good times. I always wake up when walking the neighborhood. The third choice is a lonely canyon that leads to some mountains. Oddly, I always choose the neighborhood route or turnaround and go back, and never walk the canyon.

Each dream has it's own twist. For example, when passing an old residence, the occupants may invite me in to join the party. Other times, I will start on the canyon route and crest a hilltop for amazing views, then backtrack.

-
Back