Weld wheel backspacing for Dart front wheels

-

carcrazyguy

Reaction score
I have a 71 dart that we are changing to big bolt disc brakes. What backspacing for 15 x 5 wheels would I need.

THANKS
:thumrigh:

Hey :salut:

Cowtown Mopars????
We have
'1carcrazyguy" on our message forum there.

How are you wanting your wheels to set? I have 15x7 BBP Draglites on my Darts front end. I put all the additional spacing on the inside. They will probably be coming off this weekend. If no one has an answer for you, I'll post mine.

I can't find the friggan' receipt. GRRRRRRR :x

Yep that is me. I can't find any sbp rallyes nearby. So I guess I am going with a BBP disc swap and Weld wheels. :lol: I want the wheels to be close to how the stock wheels space. I would measure mine. Hoever they are in Amarillo (and in the bodyshop).

I am going to check on my project this weekend. Hopefully all the metal work is done!!

I update my webshots page every so often with pics of how the car is coming along. If you want to check it out.

http://community.webshots.com/user/carcrazyguy

So... :scratch: .... that would be close to a 15 x 5 with 3 1/4 backspace right. :scratch: That would be the same outer spacing, but an inch deeper on the back of the wheel, right?

I just wanted to make sure the wheel wasn't going to tuck to far in or hang out of the wheel opening area if I went with a 3 1/4 on a 5 inch wheel.

:scratch: Anyone have a 5 inch factory wheel they could measure just to be safe!

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Also do you happen to have a picture of your car (not lauching)? So I can see how the wheel is tucked in/spaced?

Here ya go. Best I can do at the moment. Hope it helps.

img02381.jpg

Do you have plenty of clearance on the inside? Do you have a picture from the front of the car? That way I could see how far the wheel is tucked in?

Sorry for all the questions. I just want to make sure I get the correct offset.

THANKS! :thumleft:

carcrazyguy said:
Do you have plenty of clearance on the inside? Do you have a picture from the front of the car? That way I could see how far the wheel is tucked in?

Sorry for all the questions. I just want to make sure I get the correct offset.

THANKS! :thumleft:

Plenty of clearence. Picture from front angle not at the moment. :scratch: I'll see if I can take a picture of it this weekend.
Once I get it off the jack stands. :roll:
Not a problem on the questions. :thumrigh:

Hell No Gregg! Getting my M/T ET Street Radials mounted balanced and
screwed down. :roll: Needed stickier sneakers on her.
Pinned you in the seat while smoken'em through first and second :burnout: :mrgreen:

Hey Tony...

:worthles:

When you snap some pics of the front wheel, make sure you get one of the of the new rear meats too. :thumrigh:

GotDart said:
Hey Tony...

:worthles:

When you snap some pics of the front wheel, make sure you get one of the of the new rear meats too. :thumrigh:

I'll try but its suppose to rain all day tomorrow. The garage is small,
she is backed in and I just finished cleaning and waxing for a show on Sunday.
If it doesn't rain :roll:

These are the ralley's on my sons Dart. The body is all stock. No tubbing and no springs moved in. The back are 15 x 6.5 with a 4.5 back spacing and a 245/60-15 tire. It fits with room to spare. The front are stock 14 x 5 but to be honest I dont remember the back spacing. :scratch: If you really need it I can check tomorrow. Ron

26289138.jpg

I'll get a good set of pics for you tomorrow, and measure the backspace on my Welds while they are off. You'll have to subtract 2" since you want those skinny 5" :lol:

Thanks for the replies.

Please let me know if anyone gets a measurement on the backspacing.

thanks
Mike

OK. I have Weld Draglite 15x7 with 4.5" of backspace. I based them off stock Mopar 15x6 (+1" inside) so the outisde sites the same.

OK..HOW DO YOU POST FRIGGAN' PICS??!!!??

Until then check my gallery (it's the only pic there).

Tony loose the sway bar. It will hook better. Yires are looking good.

AdamR said:
Tony loose the sway bar. It will hook better. Yires are looking good.

I probably will next year after I replace the torsion bars.

Can't wait till next Sunday to try out the tires.

Tony have you tried just un bolting the end links ? Give it a try. Make a run hooked up then a run with it un bolted.

My front wheels are 15 X 7 with 4.5" back spacing with 235 X 60 X 15 BFG TA's. The fit is perfect with no rubbing and you can see the car sets pretty low with stock /6 torsion bars and stock rear springs.

Attachments

• 69 Dart 2.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 223
-
Back