Welding a rear diff, and more ??

-

1966 dart wagon

Reaction score
In my cuda i have a pos 7 1/4, its crap and non suregrip, and i want it to be, its just temporary and i want a 8 3/4 rear in the future anyways, do you guys sugest this i'm presuming no, if i did weld it how exactly do i weld/what do i weld. do i weld the spider gears together and such? i'm pretty lost. O and have any of you guys hear of drifting, i went to a compititon today over run with imports, there was a 80's camero , and 70's chevell driving and they sucked mega body roll, and limited slip(one wheel wonder). id like to do similar things in my cuda possably more straight line though, I"m presuming leaf springs are bad for this, how about track racing or auto cross how do i get my car good for these type of events...stiff shocks, stiff springs, level tires(all same size) sure grip, power? thanks guys

1 1/8 sway bar up front and 1" sway bar in the rear, yes equal size tires all around is the way to go, preferebly something in the range of a 245/50 r 16 or bigger, new solo cross torsion bars up front, beef the lower control arms by welding in some reinforcement plates, new equal spring packs rear, I would also suggest beefing the leaf spring attachment points on the chasis even if it isn't rusted as the abuse it will recieve with drifting could cause problems back where the shackles attach, torque boxes, sub frame connectors, roll cage is always nice when thinking about sliding sideways at speed with a 3000+ lbs automobile, stay with a small block unless your gonna go with a custom aluminum big block,goal is to keep weight down in the front so that your car is as balanced as possible. I strongly recomend reading a book called "How to make your car handle" by Fred Puhn.

krabysniper said:
I strongly recomend reading a book called "How to make your car handle" by Fred Puhn.
alright i really apreciate it man, thanks, how about for just auto crossing (track racing) i'm probably gonna do more of this, well if anything more qt mile, but if i did would i need about the same things, i presume, and what about the rear shackles they seem like a weak point to me,

i'll have to check that book out thanks :thumblef:

-
Back