Welding Wire issues?????

-

Fstforward

Barracuda Freak
Reaction score
Ok, haven't been in the garage for some time to work on my '64 Barracuda. Was out getting a few things from the garage, and had to move the box that had one of my spools of mig welding wire inside. Looked inside and saw a thin coating of rust on the steel wire.

Myh question, being a newer novice welder, it this wire still useable?? Does the rust render it a waste of spac e in the garage??

My garage has no heat, and in the summer, the humidity goes thru the roof, even with ventilation, all because of the large wooded area nearby that spews moist air at alarming rates!!!

Thanks in advance

FF

They just clamp onto wire just befor it passes into wire guides. I always keep these on to remove dust/dirt and light rust so it won't get into liner.

it might be a bit of a waste, but it wont clog up your liner, you can always unwind the 1st "layer" on the spool to get the rusted wire off. my buddy has a big miller welder and he's left it outside and ive seen teh spool of wire have rust on it but he aint had any problems with it

For what thier worth pitch it!!! you will get **** in your liner, You can clip a piece of felt to your wire with a clothes pin just before the wire enters the rollers this will keep your new wire clean. Been there done that LOL!!

-
Back