well anyone able to help me with new heater core?

-

63VALIANT*KISS

Reaction score
i bought a new heater core and i dont know how to get to it or replace it its looks simple but my dad said might take me an hr plz help me! bnin my 63 valiant wagon

It wont be all that hard to do. Just remember how it came apart so you can put it back together again. A service manual or Hanes boox comes in handy for things like this.

big black/gray box under the dash on the pass side. bolts thru the firewall. cables and wiring attached too. take it slow and remember how its done. then, once it is out(the big box), it will need split...remove clips, and there it is.

Yep as others have said..Plus there will be a nut at the bottom of the air vent you will need to loosen to get it to drop. The other bolts should be on the firewall under the hood. You will see the blower motor and bolts. And yes be very careful when you take the clips off to split the case.

A company called DMT makes rebuild kits for heater boxes. Since you are removing it, it might be a good time to freshen it up. I bought a kit from them at Carlisle, but I know they advertise on e-bay too.

www.DetroitMuscleTechnologies.com

-
Back