Well doodle squat

-

duckbuster

Reaction score
I knew my 73 Dart Swinger had been hacked because I bought a slant six body (no motor or trans) but it a rusted dual exhaust, (V-8) at one point. No shifter handle at sterring wheel but had holes in the floor where a floor shift had been mounted. I also new the wheel openings in the rear had been modified on the out side. I just found the inner wells had been cut and pushed straight up, and to top it all off, the rear end has a 5 on 4 inch bolt circle and the front end is a 5 on 4 and 1/2. Why must people butcher cars? :angry7: Oh Well it is mine now, bought and paid for.:cheers: Just will take more money to repair, and I get to work on it longer.:toothy10:

Check the rear axle, that "hack job" might have landed you an 8.75" axle, which is semi rare stuff in this day and age.

Bummer. I was thinking the same thing. Are you sure??? Not saying you dont know what your talking about or anything, just trying to help. Maybe someone had done a bunch of work on it at one time and sold all of the good parts off of it. I've seen that happen a lot.

yeah rear end cover bolts on at the back and it has 9 bolts and is a peg leg. I think it was a real hot car at one time then stripped and sold what was left. I did manage to get some Mopar 340 hood scoops. though.

the good point is that it is probably disc brakes on the front now,thats the good,the other good is that it seems to be in the hands of someone that is going to fix er up!!!! I forgot what the bad was...I'm forgetful good luck with you new project were here for ya!

-
Back