Well four years in mothballs didn't seem to hurt my car

-

Guitar Jones

aka Angry Johnny
Reaction score
Went to the track today where it got loose on the first pass. I softened up the CalTracs and made another pass. Nice clean 10.901 pass with the front wheels about a foot off the ground at launch. I'm about 10 pounds heavier than when I raced it before so that really equates to a 10.801 on a track with no prep at all. Had a .020 light (.520) so I can live with all that. Third pass the car got out of the groove and was gravitating towards the center line and I couldn't pull it back so I let out of it again.

All in all I'm happy with the way the car ran. On a prepped track it will be fine. The best part was no more bump steer with the new control arms. :D

Sounds like fun.
As for the .520 light, they didn't go to led's yet?
Just wait till that fun starts.
.000 is a perfect light then.

Wow , thats movin.:salut: The track was open today ? We have had snow steady for the last 24 hours. No electricity yesterday for 10 hours. Today it was off for 4 hours. The ice and snow keeps taking the power lines down. We have about 12 - 14 inches of snow on the ground since yesterday. Great White North my A$$. Enough already , lets see some green grass.

Still do not have my trans figured out yet, the rear wheels lock up for a split second when I shift into 3rd, then start movin again. Weather has been too crappy , have not got around to changing the 5.0 kickdown .I hope that cures it . I did put the MSD in the other day though , it works good.

thebeatgoeson.jpg

Yeah, they got the LEDs in. My first two lights were red. I lowered the air pressure in the front tires from 36 to 28 on the last pass. Seems to work OK.

Next Saturday is the first points race so making sure the car and I were ok was important todday.

As for the trans stopping the rear wheels I'd drive it before passing judgement on it.

-
Back