Well I bought a Hemi...now the real work begins.....

-

Rat Patrol

Reaction score
I bought this after auction on Ebay - a never run crate 6.1.

KGrHqVpcE9eMM4r4ZBPYOWLoDsQ60_12.jpg

I plan to carb induct it using my 800cfm AVS and a ModMan intake.

I'm aiming for appx 470 crank HP..I've been referred to intertia motorsports for a cam upgrade - but I'd like to hear some perosnal experiences on what works.....:happy1:

Especially those cams that didn't require a lifter or spring upgrade?

What results did you guys see?

Nice! I'm curious to see what they are worth, if you don't mind, shoot me a pm, I'd like to do the swap.

Stu at Inertia will prolly get you in a SRT Max cam which he uses stock 6.1 springs.. when your ready to sell that intake PM me.

2 darts - you have an IM - I paid a little over 5 grand but that was without the ECM

Be aware Indy make a dual quad "retro" Gen 3 in their latest catalogue for $6400.....but they use 5.7 heads on a 6.1 block.

USCG Charger - Done deal...but it may be around October before I can let it go...

You won't change the cam without changing the springs at least with a performance cam-- Glad to see you went forward with the the Hemi purchase--If you need any questions asked give me a p.m--You'll find out on this site you WILL get picked apart for putting a carb on it.Just build what you want to build--Good luck -Steve

My bad--You have a 6.1 there,Was thinking 5.7 had a brain fart,With my 5.7 I up-graded to the 6.1 springs with my cam change-Steve

i talked to a guy the other day put a 6.1 with 2-4s & a 727 in a 73 cuda, hes only 45 mins away dieing to see it. i got a 39 zephyr sedan delivery fiberglass kit body, in my sights. plannin on buyin a wrecked 5.7 charger or magnum use everything out of it in the kit car. leaving it fuel injected, my challenger gets 24-26 out on the road, this sedan delivery is the wildest thing i've seen in awhile & with all new drive train it should make a really nice car with a budget of 12 -15 k. not including my labor of course!!!!

i talked to a guy the other day put a 6.1 with 2-4s & a 727 in a 73 cuda, hes only 45 mins away dieing to see it. i got a 39 zephyr sedan delivery fiberglass kit body, in my sights. plannin on buyin a wrecked 5.7 charger or magnum use everything out of it in the kit car. leaving it fuel injected, my challenger gets 24-26 out on the road, this sedan delivery is the wildest thing i've seen in awhile & with all new drive train it should make a really nice car with a budget of 12 -15 k. not including my labor of course!!!!

No disrespect mate - but you should start a thread about your build - save confusing everyone with cross-talk on other folks threads about other folks cars.. .:sign7:

Moving on - emailed Stu from Inertia Motorsports and he got straight back to me -

Your biggest limitation would be intake duration vs valve to piston clearance with the stock pistons. You can safely run 218 intake duration but more and you need to retard the cam to get valve to piston clearance and that kills torque. So I'd recomend 218/226 duration and then a 110-112 LSA depending on how agressive of an Idle you are looking for. I know the 112 LSA version makes about 415 wheel HP on a new SRT which will be in the 470 crank range and still have plenty of torque off the line unlike cams with more duration and then retarded for clearance like the Comp 273.

Regards,
Stu

Exactly what I wanted to know - and the SRT Max cam will be right where I want the HP....I'm not going to bother with looking anywhere else -

Can't fault this kind of service...he's got my business.

-
Back