Well... I bought it.... Now what?....

-

75slant6

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Well...Got it!!! Picked it up tonight! Now what? Run it or part it?? It's super solid! Only rust through I found was on the passenger 1/4. It has BBP brakes of course, nice interior, Super Six set up, 41,*** original miles! Every time I look at it it grows on me even more!! It's gonna be a hard one to part!! I think I'll get it runnin and drive it a lil then when I get my Dart or my Wife's duster (or the '67 valiant in a local yard that needs a motor n trans) I'll start pullin the parts I need. Oh, got a clear title too... And all that for $300!! I think I got a pretty good deal!!
Oh, and I LOVE the patina!!!
What y'all think?

Oh yea... Here's a pic

View attachment image.jpg

Those are nearly impossible to find here in MN, I would clean it up good and see what you have, by your description it sounds too nice to part out :glasses7:

I did notice then that the paint on the passenger 1/4 is pretty cracked to... I'll get more pics this evening of everything.

I would not part out that car if it's like you say it is.

Either way, I'd like to see more pics, just for the fun of it. I wish I could find something like that around here, that's solid, for $300.

The manifolds are currently off (cracked ex man) but should run otherwise. I'm torn. It's bout too solid to part but I used all my project fund money to buy it to part so I have parts stored away for my dart or my wife's duster then sell the rest to build my project fund up again.... I might just see about odd jobs to raise the money to buy another cheap car (90 or later) to part then just get this one running and either sell it or pull the parts I what/need when the need arises for them.

Or sell it to somebody else, too solid to part.

I thought about that too... The only thing is I'd pry end up spending as much for the parts I need off the car as what I could get out of the whole thing.

you could try to sell for the amount needed to buy your parts which
would get the parts you need and save another mopar:thumblef:

That's true. I don't NEED the parts yet.... I'd like to keep the super six stuff tho. Might have to throw a 1bbl on it n sell it

I'll have to replace the left rear drum... It was froze n by the time I got it off Idt any of the parts are worth using...

A cynics view...this was a terrible car when it was brand new...I drove a bunch of them way back...what makes it such a great car 30 years later ?

Grassy

Kill one to save 3 other cars right? I say go ahead and kill it. Its a 4 door Aspen with plenty of parts needed by owners of 2 door Aspens and Volares. You will make much more than you paid for it and any parts you keep as long as you make 300 in selling parts are basically free

-
Back