well I got em on finally

-

trudysduster

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I had to do some reconstruction of the blower case but the Mopar Performance valve covers fit with plenty of room. I tried the blower motor that was smaller and it wouldn't work. If I put the valve cover on first, there wasnt enough room to slide the blower motor in with the cage on it. if I put the blower motor in first there wasn't enough room to put the valve cover on over the rockers. And it wouldn't work either with moving both around at the same time. So I had to make a decision. I wanted these covers on so I took the blower motor out and the case splits into. I reversed the ends to where the end went up inside the base and welded it. then I fiberglassed the seam and here is what I came out with. I have never had the heater or defroster on in this car because I dont drive it in cold weather or rain so it lost the battle. With that being said, I have a nice set of M/T valve covers for sale in the proper section. Thanks guys for all your help and ideas. let me know if these look better. I have a couple more changes to make next week in the engine bay.

Attachments

• DSC03494 (Copy).JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 256
  • DSC03495 (Copy).JPG
    137.4 KB · Views: 257
  • DSC03496 (Copy).JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 262
  • DSC03497 (Copy).JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 267
  • DSC03498 (Copy).JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 270
I had a hard time deciding but I believe it is time for a change. Hope I dont regret it because they are hard to come by for Mopar.

Deceiving! I thought you meant a different kind of Blower. And you're right, the M/T's are hard to find for Mopars (Big Block M/T's are easy compared to finding a set for a Small Block though)

Took me about a year of searching to find a set for my 340. Totally worth it though (they were polished when I bought them. 1 year later they're covered in road grime and rubber residue from the v-belts burning off when I punch the throttle)

SANY0328.jpg

She used to be a 1974 "Sleeper" Duster with no stripes or callouts. Now it's pretty obvious something sinister is lurking beneath (and above :cheers: ) the hood.

yes, I bought 2 of the round twist on breathers that has the Mopar emblem on the top. they will be in next week.

yes, I bought 2 of the round twist on breathers that has the Mopar emblem on the top. they will be in next week.

nice. ive always hated where those twist on oil caps stop when tight. they look crooked and out of place in my opinion. i bought the round breather caps for mine as well.

Harry, did you make it through Isaac ok. didnt blow your garage down on the Demon did it. hope all is well. It is in my wifes family area in Miss. wow, I dont see how you guys do it down there. First time one of them came through and took my house out, that would be all she wrote for me. Good luck man

-
Back