Well I took stock today

-

Dart_Doctor

Asa style
Reaction score
Well i lost track of what is needed to do the barracuda ... So i sat down with a pin and paper any yall ever do that lol belts . hose,brake lines , New rear leafs , Head liner ,carpet, All the seats need redone window gaskits all of them , head light rings ,diff gasket and fluid, tires,exhaust, 1/4 pach both sides . ......... Then I need to put it all togather lol Im sure theres some stuff i will run into later lol ..... any one make up there list of what they need ? ... Sups i need are to fill dads bottles for te welder . Welding wire , Um sand paper (lots of it ) lol tape mask paperNew gloves ..:cheers:
Lets hear what ur list is never know some one may have what ya need lol :butthead:

I know exactly what you are talking about.....and my "list" has been an ever changing/ever growing one since the moment I first started working on it 3 years ago. the further into the project i got, the more i found I needed. And the further into it i got ....the more i found i wanted.

I actually just made a list up last night and as it stands im still looking at about $2000.00 more to get the duster where I would like to see it.....thats done,everything the way I would like for it to be.

I don't even want to talk about what is invested into it up to this point lol.

and my list of things I still want/need I am sure will continue to grow lol. some of the basics of my list are....

filler tube grommet
shift kit,fluid,filter
diff gasket and fluid
rear tires
electronic distributor
glove box liner
package tray and sail panels
hood insulation
exterior door handles
water outlet
exhaust tips
plymouth hood emblem
tail panel stripe kit
brake booster
more stuff to finish up my body work before paint
(primer
reducer
tape
mask paper)

thats just some of it lol. But all I can do is take it a day at a time and do what i can to get what i need on a budget. and as johnny cash would say ......build it one piece at a time!

I have a list (many pages!)...but fear that the site would bog down due to the shear volumne of data I would cut and paste. LOL...but at least it keeps me on track. And it is rewarding when I can actual cross a task off the damn list.

Pat

i have a list for what i need and what ive spent including seperate books with receipts for different cars. the duster has a very long list of wants and needs, the charger on the other hand is about complete minus a couple of odds and ends. it sure is a relief getting to the end of a list , but as one ends, another begins lol .....

I break my list up into projects to try and keep myself on track.

This. Yall could learn well from it. I sorta look at a car with a "corner" approach. Like, "man, what's it gonna take to get THIS corner done?", you know? Cause if you try to look at the whole thing, it can be a real drag. It's already gonna be a big enough project. Even years. Try not to overwhelm yourself. I think Adam is right on.

Exactly, spot on. This to me is the only way to approach it, otherwise you can get overwhelmed and really lose track of your goals.

I bought a couple of dry-erase white boards.

On one board I made a "Need" list of the 10 major components/pieces that I needed to get. As I obtained each one, it was moved to the "Have" side of the board. When the "Need" list was down to the last 3 items I would then fill it back up with more items. In this way my "Have" list showed my progress to be growing more than my "Need" list. It also helped me to focus on what I determined to be the most important at the time.

On the second board, I made "To Do" and "Done" lists for getting things installed, repaired, cleaned, etc. I try to keep my "To Do" list shorter than my "Done" list to help with motivation.

I originally had these lists on a spread sheet on my computer but having the boards visible in my garage seems to help.

I have a several page excel spreadsheet.... it is categorized by field (i.e. drivetrain, body....) and each category has a sub-page with individual task in it. It sounds like a lot of information but the OCD in me will not have it any other way. I like to number the task as well, that way I can just go from step one to ten, it keeps goals in the realm of obtainable. cheers

Holy cow, I thought I was the only person in the world retentive enough to do this.

"THE LIST" is going on 14 pages, not including the motor list.

Why 14 pages?

Each catagory (suspension, steering, brake system, fuel system, etc.) has tricks, tips, do's, don'ts, and torque specs sub-itemized with it's pertaining item. I do a lot of research and add more weekly.

Also, I don't cross an item off once it's acquired. Instead I highlight it in red as a psychological reward. The red is over-taking the black.

Some good ideas going on in here. Im gonna have to hit the store and get a new 3 ring note book. Time to get real anal, LOL

I've done about 10 cars over my lifetime and the best advice I can give you is make as complete a list as you can possibly think of, then multiply that by 3 and you'll be close.

This. Yall could learn well from it. I sorta look at a car with a "corner" approach. Like, "man, what's it gonna take to get THIS corner done?", you know? Cause if you try to look at the whole thing, it can be a real drag. It's already gonna be a big enough project. Even years. Try not to overwhelm yourself. I think Adam is right on.

3 different projects is just too damn many corners.I got more corners than a rubics cube. When I get overwhelmed I just mow the grass. I have a beautiful lawn,lol.I made a list one time but I lost it.

-
Back