Well it's official!

-
Had a very different experience in Sacramento on my car trailer when we were bringing my Barracuda home in 2006. Blew a tire and took the next ramp. Right off the freeway was a used tire shop that was open on a Sunday. A few dollars for a used tire and we were on our way.

Time of day had something to do with it, I must admit. This was at about 10 PM and there was a couple of tire shops in the area of the exit we pulled off on but they were closed, of course. We made it to a 7/11 but their coin-op air compressor had the end cut off.
I go to put the spare on and it was the wrong lug pattern. Long story short, I was the owner of a 2006 Jetta TDI and current owner of a 2014 Jetta TDI. The older car's spare was new so I put it in the 2014. Turns out the lug pattern is different. I found all this out at a 7/11 in Stockton on a Saturday night at 11 PM.
I drove on the flat about 2 blocks to the next gas station with an air pump. It was leaking air pretty bad after putting air in so we found the worst hotel I have ever stayed in in my entire life and drove there quickly. There was a gas station next door to the hotel so we aired up in the morning and drove like hell to the nearest Les Schwab.
It was my buddy and I on the way back from a mopar hunting trip from San Diego to Yuba City. A very memorable trip. My buddy made the deal to buy his son's 1970 Duster and his 1970 'cuda. Everytime he thinks about buying those cars he will remember our trip. And that's what it's all about in life. Memorable experiences.

-
Back