well, motors back in...

-

streetdak

Reaction score
I think she looks nice, but now I gotta find a way to get the darned headers to not hit the steering.... gonna be the end of me!

Before

318sm1old.jpg

After... So Far

318sm1.jpg

318sm2.jpg

has anyone ever moved the spool mounts to in front of the ears on the block for clearance and been successful??

gonna be the end of me!

has anyone ever moved the spool mounts to in front of the ears on the block for clearance and been successful??

just loosen all of the motor mount bolts (mount to block and mount to frame) and use a pry bar to shift the motor toward the passenger side and away from the steering box and tighten the bolts back down. Takes me a helper to do this without killing myself.

just loosen all of the motor mount bolts (mount to block and mount to frame) and use a pry bar to shift the motor toward the passenger side and away from the steering box and tighten the bolts back down. Takes me a helper to do this without killing myself.

man didn't think of that! my problem is actually having to deal with the idler arm clearance, one header tube is directly in the way, but doing that may give me some room that I desperately need! Thanks for the tip!

Yikes! What brand of headers are you installing? Have you got a non stock idler arm?

nope, headman, and i think my k-frame is out of whack. i heard its not uncommon, i have a plot, but not sure if its going to work. Discovered I have a freeze plug leaking so gonna fix that first!

-
Back