Well ran her down the 1/8 mile tonight....

-

viperredduster

Reaction score
Took the car to a localish 1/8 mile track and the best pass of the day was a 7.65 @88 with a 1.66 60' off the footbrake. I wish it would have gone in the 50s but the track didnt seem to be there. I need to move my battery and see what she can do then. Overall I was pleased and had a blast making 10ish or so passes on it.

thats 11.9 in 1/4.. Thats pretty good...Did you try messing with your jets?

thats 11.9 in 1/4.. Thats pretty good...Did you try messing with your jets?

Nah, I was going too but ended up not having time. It started cuttin up at the end of the track one time so I checked the fuel filter and it was stopped up so I ran it one time with no filter.

I really should have jetted it down a size or too I think, because I put 5 gall of race gas in it and that richened it up.

Here is a vid of the 7.65 pass. You can here it spinning on down the track some. And please enjoy the wonderful background music!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ek7Bq0YSVzo"]YouTube - ‪Duster‬‏[/ame]

Here's a vid of my dad making a pass in it and spinnin pretty bad. Its a good burnout though haha. Thats my buddies 64 big block chevelle in the far lane, he just put ez efi on it and was having problems out of it.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCMAsP8TtoE"]YouTube - ‪Duster‬‏[/ame]

Next time I take it out I am gonna swap pulleys and slow to slow the fan down, use a carb spacer, and move the battery to the trunk. Also if I use the trans brake it feels like I need to make the cal tracs not hit quite so hard.

Your car makes me excited to watch because my setup is almost the same besides the heads which I have RHS ported and a little more lift. When you get those 11.8 Im not stopping till I hit 11.5!

if your fuel filter just clogged up why would you take it off... now what ever the filter was picking up is now going into the carb(s)...

sounds like you should break the carb down to and make sure its all cleaned out...

Your car makes me excited to watch because my setup is almost the same besides the heads which I have RHS ported and a little more lift. When you get those 11.8 Im not stopping till I hit 11.5!

Well when you hit 11.50 I am gonna have to break down and build the thing or get a kit. Preferably the first choice haha.

if your fuel filter just clogged up why would you take it off... now what ever the filter was picking up is now going into the carb(s)...

sounds like you should break the carb down to and make sure its all cleaned out...

It was cutting out right at the finish line so I checked the filter. Its a paper style that I tried cleaning but couldnt get it where I was happy with it.

And it ran fine after I took it out but only made one pass since it was filter less. And it wasnt rust or anything like that so I wasnt too worried about it.

Well when you hit 11.50 I am gonna have to break down and build the thing or get a kit. Preferably the first choice haha.

haha build it? Theres nothing special in my motor just like yours, just a more efficient cam then that .509 and better flowing heads :). Also a kit might be thrown on mine to see if I can hit 10s if i hit 11.5 lol, but lets just stay all motor first

Might help to advance the timing a little. Race gas doesnt burn as fast as pump swill.

ya advance timing up 2 until you drop mph then drop it back down 2..same with jets go up till you go down in MPH then go back

haha build it? Theres nothing special in my motor just like yours, just a more efficient cam then that .509 and better flowing heads :). Also a kit might be thrown on mine to see if I can hit 10s if i hit 11.5 lol, but lets just stay all motor first

Yeah but if I do anything major to the motor a longer stroke would be in order ha, then mid 10s should be in my cross hairs ha.

And yeah I was gonna try the timing and jet changes just didnt have time because once I got it hooking right it was cutting up at the line so I found the problem and didnt want to run without the filter more than once.

It did feel good to spin them in second like it did that one pass :smile:

That's pretty damn fast my 900 Z1a Kawasaki with a big borew kit cams n Barnett clutch used to run 7.62 many years ago. Haven't taken my dart to the track yet don't know if verts have to be caged or not.

I will 74burnt, when you gonna be able to run yours I would like to see what the enemy's heads (rhs) will do. Lol

And purpledart aren't the rules different for verts? That being said there was a vert ls1 camaro around here with head and cam and n2o that ran somewhere around 6.5xs and low 10s in the full 1/4.

I think I have a spacer laying around that I can try and I don't really want to pull the exhaust off. Its already got 3 inch x pipe with magnaflows and it would be a bish to try and get it all off.

-
Back