Well, that sucked (in a good way) :D

-

TrailBeast

AKA Mopars4us on Youtube
Reaction score
My Wife asked me to get rid of a broken upright carpet cleaner the other day and I instantly had a use for the little "sucker". (the thing wouldn't put cleaner down any more)

I HATE leaks and seeps on my car and had two intake bolts that were very slightly seeping oil out around the head/washer on my nice clean aluminum intake so I pulled them one at a time and resealed them a few days ago.

I adapted and duct taped a 1/2 inch plastic hose to the end of the upholstery cleaning hose, and as I washed down the oil stains on my bare aluminum intake I used the carpet cleaner with the small hose on it to vacuum the stuff up so it didn't run all over the place.
Worked great and even has a catch tank that can be emptied.

Now the valleys down around the bolt heads are clean and it didn't make a bigger mess to clean up.

I adapted and duct taped a 1/2 inch plastic hose to the end of the upholstery cleaning hose, and as I washed down the oil stains on my bare aluminum intake I used the carpet cleaner with the small hose on it to vacuum the stuff up so it didn't run all over the place.
Worked great and even has a catch tank that can be emptied.

I have a similar setup that i made to put on my 2 gallon mini shop vac. Works great.

Necessity is the mother of invention. :D

-
Back