Went fishing, snagged a Barracuda

-
From personal experience in getting my 67 Dart up and going, I would go ahead and just replace and keep the drum brakes for now. Unless you plan on going 4 wheel disc, the back wheels will already be done when you get the big fast engine lined up. However you are probably going from the 4 inch to 4.5 inch bolt pattern once you go with disc brakes.
The drum brake parts were actually very reasonable, I just paid $37 for a brand new Mastercylinder from Napa, now every single last brake part on the car has been replaced!

Nice find, good luck with the project.
BTW: I thought Lafayette, CO seemed familiar. My brother used to live in Longmont, absolutely love that area/region, want to go back on vacation some day.

Thanks for the advice. The current goal is to get the interior cleaned up and comfy. new carpet on the way, headliner, getting seats redone soon.

What's the consensus on sending seats to an upholsterer vs getting covers from a catalog?

Also, if anyone sees a left rear window for one of these, I need it if you're willing to ship. And lower trunk trim. And some door panels. To start.....

The brakes stopped working. pedal goes to the floor and in the very last inch of travel i can get it to bite a bit. could be the master? no obvious leaks around the wheels.

My grandmother's T&C did that once...a front wheel cylinder had failed.

I know it's been a while. It wasn't getting fuel, and sat for a little while before i went and grabbed a new fuel pump. now it's out and about again. I ordered carpet a while back, but haven't been able to put it in yet because i had a coolant leak in my passenger footwell. So, new heater core and hoses. And upper and lower radiator hoses. And a flush, and wires, and points, and some paint to make it look like it runs better. It's still what I would call "Not Fast". the 273 hasn't regained all its compression in one cylinder, and the exhaust dowpipe on the driver's side is crimped badly. I also had to give a window regulator some love.

What do you think, build a 318, or a 360 or something this winter? In the meantime, I have wheel cylinders to keep the brake fluid from falling out, and i'm continuing to clean up the interior.

-
Back