Went Hellcatting in a 6 speed Hellcat yeterday

-

jerry6

Banned
Reaction score
colour me [Lets ease up on the language a little please] impressed ! Car is blazing fast , handles, and the anchors are crazy good . An all around amazing car ,, I'll upload some pics a bit later . Car is insane , for something you can buy at the dealer with warranty

colour me [Lets ease up on the language a little please] impressed ! Car is blazing fast , handles, and the anchors are crazy good . An all around amazing car ,, I'll upload some pics a bit later . Car is insane , for something you can buy at the dealer with warranty

Warranty...til you bring it in with bald tires or rubber on the *** end...Buddy owns a trans shop....he has had more than one customer come in with a newer diesel truck or one of the factory muscle cars come in grumbling that the warranty got voided.....and they have to pay 5k to get the trans rebuilt.....

100_0842_zps3f3a13ed.jpg

100_0825_zps20f18f1c.jpg

100_0824_zps472d7627.jpg

100_0837_zps5b09b94a.jpg

Short run up the street

[ame]http://vidmg.photobucket.com/albums/v398/jerry666/100_0840_zpsgexvpnyv.mp4[/ame]

Remember... You still have traffic lights, speed limits, cops, pedestrians, dogs, cats and other animals, greasy spots, wet spots,pot holes, and other drivers to share the road with. Buying and insuring such a vehicle is far too expensive for most people, add to that funding the municipality or state, via traffic tickets, and/or court time, angry judges, over zealous police officers, and then dealing with the resulting increases in insurance costs, and you have a rather expensive ride, that, on the street, is really only bragging rights over the production Hemi Challengers, which is fully capable of producing the same effect on everyone else, but you.

I always considered traffic lights to be "The Great Equalizer".

These are track cars built street legal, and should be treated as such. Further, it should be understood that the car is much more capable then MORE THAN 9 out of 10 drivers. I know that everyone is the best driver in the world, but Even with all the driving prowess on the planet, you can not control the circumstances around you at the time you decide to "go stupid". City street, country road, interstate highway, or suburban boulevard, doesn't matter. All offer the same risk, and the same dangers, especially to others, even if you don't care about yourself.

Very few people will take the car to a place they consider "safe", and drive beyond their personal limits, alone. Ego, especially in today's environment, requires that we not only act the fool in front of witness, but that we also record that stupidity to be shared with the world on the internet. There are many such video posted right here in this board. So, in the case of, "We took the car to a country road where there were no other cars and we opened it up", usually means that while the driver and "witnesses" didn't believe they were endangering anyone else, there was STILL more than one incompetent life endangered. The idiot driver, and the bigger idiot who decided it would be a good idea to put his/her life in the hands of an amateur, somewhere out in the country where help would be some time away, for the purpose of proving their ignorance.

That said...

I'm planning to purchase one of these cars for my driving pleasure and the stupidity of my ego. I doubt I can be goaded into accepting the challenge of other idiots on the street, but I do plan to use it to (beyond my limits) it's limits at places like Road Atlanta, Roebling, and at Americus Motorsports Complex, when completed, here in Georgia. With any luck I will steadily improve without having to repair, replace, or retire the car.

As a street car, it's overly expensive, over powered,and over built. As a track car, it's among the best bang for the buck, and if you're really good, you can drive it to and from the track. ;)

Let the flaming begin. :happy1:

I think that is well said Frankie. I probably won't be able to afford one till all the hype calms down a little. Gawd that thing sure is a beauty. Especially with the tan interior.

-
Back