Went through receipts today

-

Mick Semantel

Reaction score
Went through the receipts for my 75 Dart. I have spent close to $6500.00 on parts and other stuff. Funny thing is, I still dont have my engine in the car, nor do I have the transmission rebuilt yet. The car cost me $1800.00 back in 2004. I am amazed. I know I could have found A BETTER use for the money. I had NO idea I dumped that much coin into that damn thing. Guys, am I the only one that has done this? I think I have a car sickness or something.

I keep a running speadsheet on excel that keeps track of every penny, even supplies, I spent around $6500 so far, and I am far from finished.

What do you mean you could have found a BETTER way to spend the money? You can't be serious? :evil4:

Your getting off lucky. I am just about done mine. (total resto) Total cost = a little over $21,000 Can. And that doesn't include the garage I built to do it in.

Jack

Look at the bright side, you could have bought a brand new Honda and lost the $6500 the second you drove it off the lot :thumbup: I figure I'll be into mine for $15,000 by the time I'm done and I'm not going overboard on it and do all my own work including paint and body. As we say up here "**** ain't free" :grin:

I have 2 projects going,i didn't keep most of the receipts because i know that i will have more into them than they are worth until i'm done!

I figure I have about $15,000 in the swinger as of right now and hope I'll come in under 20 to have it done completely.

Mick Semantel said:
Went through the receipts for my 75 Dart. I have spent close to $6500.00 on parts and other stuff. Funny thing is, I still dont have my engine in the car, nor do I have the transmission rebuilt yet. The car cost me $1800.00 back in 2004. I am amazed. I know I could have found A BETTER use for the money. I had NO idea I dumped that much coin into that damn thing. Guys, am I the only one that has done this? I think I have a car sickness or something.

You have committed the gravest of Mortal Sins my son - you have added up the receipts - and you own a vintage MOPAR. Nobody said they were cheap - thats for those other brand Xs.

Whew! lol. I still have to do body and some interior. I was also going to put one of those new fancy front end's on too...but not for some time. Everybody is right though. Where else could have the money have gone. Better into the mopar then into something stupid, like my wifes closet or something lol. She been really supportive. In fact she is going to help me swap the motors when the car gets out of storage. I can't wait.

ValiantMike said:
388dart is right, never ever add up the receipts. Mike
Or at least don't put them on your computer so your wife can find them !!!! I'm remodeling to rooms in my house now because my wife find out how much is in my dart. Which is about $18500 but it's been money well spent !!

$12,000 and still counting, but it's worth it when your driving around and you get the thumb up from people. At least I think it's the thumb ? :thumbup:

Like Leo says and the second deadly mopar sin is don't tell the misses and hide the receipts. I'd be guessing at around 30K.

Terry

72 Scamp - full resto and whatever else she wants done to it.
+
73 Scamp - Daily driver thats giving me problems.
+
53 Mercury pick up - custom build thats getting worked on on weekends that Im not working on the 72 or the 73.
+
27 T custom drag car that has parts stored in 2 different shops and waiting for the 53 to get done.

=

Im not even ganna think about it!!!!!!!!

Mick Semantel said:
Guys, am I the only one that has done this?

Are you &^%$#$%^ kidding me? I've dropped 10K on paint & bodywork ALONE. Never mind the fresh engine....the TTI exhaust that's coming....the ProMax carb modifications....new harnesses...... trim & emblems.....Dyna mat....light bulbs....fuses....duct tape....etc. Damn things are NEVER finished!

And you want to know is there a better way to spend the money. On what? Hookers? Cocaine? 401K?

FASTBACK340 said:
Are you &^%$#$%^ kidding me? I've dropped 10K on paint & bodywork ALONE. Never mind the fresh engine....the TTI exhaust that's coming....the ProMax carb modifications....new harnesses...... trim & emblems.....Dyna mat....light bulbs....fuses....duct tape....etc. Damn things are NEVER finished!

And you want to know is there a better way to spend the money. On what? Hookers? Cocaine? 401K?

You always have a way with words...

Yeehaw, we got a fresh one here boys. Reel 'em in now boys he's trying to spit the hook. Once you're hooked in you never get off lightly. Almost 25k when I'm done. Worth every penny to have what I've always wanted. Pure MOPAR muscle.

wow i though stuff was getting expensive and ive done pratically nothing :sad1: :) haha o well, it will be worth it in the end :thumbup:

LeAnne said:
You always have a way with words...

And it's aways meant to entertain, NOT offend. It's hard to tell a persons tone and intentions via the printed word. Pretty much the way I can't really tell how you interpeted what I posted. Hopefully, everyone "got it" and no one was upset.

That's the problem with getting comfortable with a situation. Sometimes there's people involved whom don't post often and you forget they might not be entertained. Sorry if I was "too over the top..."

-
Back