Went to Carlisle to see some GY3 Curious yellow cars….

-

Butchie7284

Reaction score
And in the biggest mopar car show in the world, I only seen a total of 4 cars painted in that color there. I was only able to speak to 1 of the owners to see what brand paint they used on their repaint. I was sorta disappointed but at the same time I did see TONS of way cool cars! Anyone have a gy3 car that they repainted? Do you happen to know what brand paint was used?

My car (GY3) was painted last year with PPG and 8152 Glamour Clear. However after seeing GY3 in person this weekend my car is a different shade than the ones in Carlisle. I recently bought some touch up paint for a new Mustang with the color Grabber Yellow and it's almost an exact match.
IMG_0934.JPG

I am in NO way a paint guy, but i remember seeing a thread on gy3 that said it was a very difficult paint to match, and there were shade variations all over the place.
I remember seeing that a guy had painted three gy3 coupons with three different brands of paint. I couldn't see any difference on my phone, but apparently he could. I dont remember which he said was closest.
Edit: thread may have been at fbbo.

Which sub brand ppg did you use? These 2 spray outs are ppg. The one on the left is deltron DBC which is $1200.00 a gallon and on the right is shopline for $300.00 a gallon. I have yet to spray shopline plus. The one gentleman I was able to speak to said he used DuPont dulux and it looked phenomenal. If I hold my spray out cards up to the parts of my car, the shopline matches awesome but it has NO green flop. Ppg is also a base coat clear coat only, no single stage available.

3E368606-815D-4895-86E4-ACB2B7E95A6B.jpeg

-
Back