Went to Daryl Starbird car show in Tulsa this weekend

-

Mike69cuda

Mopar Moron
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Lots of nice cars, many cool Mopars. Demolition derby, Rat rods, burn out contest, mini bike races, Hooning. About as much fun as a redneck adult teenager can have….

IMG_3817.jpeg

IMG_3815.jpeg

IMG_3857.jpeg

IMG_3870.jpeg

IMG_3869.jpeg

IMG_3867.jpeg

IMG_3944.jpeg

IMG_3943.jpeg

IMG_3953.jpeg

IMG_3970.jpeg

Very cool pics Mike! Thanks for sharing!
I've have always wanted to go..... just sometimes things don't work out. Was Daryl
in the arena for the show? I know he is up there in age.

I heard Daryl was there, but did not see him. He is in his 90s I heard.

Tulsa has great car events. Just had the "Chili Bowl" (Mini Sprints)and the Tulsa shoot out".
Starbird Show had nearly 600 registered Vehicles and the entire lower level of Rat Rods, Mini bike races, etc.
VERY COOL.
All indoors.

I was really wanting to go this year. Too many obligations. I had even looked at the website and called the number to see if they were going to have Summit goodie bags there (discount codes). The lady that returned my call was Daryl’s daughter. We had a nice chat but no Summit affiliation.

I used to go to the OKC Starbyrd show every year growing up.

Yep, it is a gigantic building
Yep....back around 2007, 2008 maybe, there was a bad ice storm right before Christmas that had all of Tulsa out of power. I went with our line crews to help get power back on. AEP used that building as the staging area, and it was full of material to get the lines rebuilt, and we ate supper there every night.

:thumbsup:

-
Back