Went to Spring Carlisle

-

jeryst

Reaction score
Well, I went to Spring Carlisle. What a joke. Might as well call it the Spring Chevy Show. Only a couple of Mopar vendors listed. No one had anything I needed. Hardly any other vendors with Mopar parts. Pretty much a wasted day.

On the other side, the car prices seemed to be really down (Especially for Carlisle), and there were some good Mopar deals there. Running, solid 1968 V8 Dart GT survivor-$4500. Running 1970 AAR Cuda barnfind, rough but complete-$20k. Restored 1969 440 6-pack Superbee-$25k (may have been a clone). I'm not in the market for another vehicle, so I didnt spend any time in the car corral, but those three were in the very first row that I walked by when I came in. Makes me wonder what was in the rest of the rows. Saw other Mopars in other rows. Lots of nice cars of all types in the $5000-$10k range, it seemed. Sorry I didnt get any pictures or numbers. I should have gotten the number for the AAR and offered a trade. Probably the only way I'll ever get to own an AAR - lol.

Was that the AAR against the fence? The green one. If so 20k for that car was alot, it had no floors...at all. Ive been going to spring and fall for 20 years and its never good for MoPar parts...now Chyslers at carlise is like heaven for guys like us

Well, I went to Spring Carlisle. What a joke. Might as well call it the Spring Chevy Show. Only a couple of Mopar vendors listed. No one had anything I needed. Hardly any other vendors with Mopar parts. Pretty much a wasted day.

hell i could have told you that and saved you a wasted trip. only thing you do going to the spring swap meet at carlisle or e-town for that matter is hope you stumble onto a good deal from some brand X guy that has no idea what mopar parts he has.. :)

Was that the AAR against the fence? The green one. If so 20k for that car was alot, it had no floors...at all. Ive been going to spring and fall for 20 years and its never good for MoPar parts...now Chyslers at carlise is like heaven for guys like us

Well, it was totally complete, running, numbers matching, and the frame rails looked good from what I could see. I've run across other AAR projects that were either in worse shape, non-numbers matching, completely disassembled, incomplete, etc and they wanted $35k for them. That's why, everything considered, I thought it was a pretty good deal. Also, he may have come down some, as well. Did anyone happen to get his number? I might offer him a trade.

hell i could have told you that and saved you a wasted trip. only thing you do going to the spring swap meet at carlisle or e-town for that matter is hope you stumble onto a good deal from some brand X guy that has no idea what mopar parts he has.. :)

Yes, I guess unless I can get the stuff that I need from fellow FABO members, I'll just have to wait for the Mopar show.

My father went and sent a few pictures to me.

anyone know the color code on that Green Coronet?

2010_0423318100008.JPG

2010_0423318100010.JPG

2010_0423318100005.JPG

2010_0423318100006.JPG

2010_0423318100002.JPG

I went Saturday. I wasn't expecting to find any Mopar parts. I went maily to look around and pick up some odds and ends for my Trans am. I was really surprised by the number of Mopar cars in the corral it was nice and there were some good deals to be had. I kept telling my girlfreind if I just had like 5k I could be driving something really nice home.

Going to a non-Mopar show is like going to the Turkey Rod Run in Daytona....... 85% GM.

-
Back