Status
Not open for further replies.

tobysoldblue

tobysoldblue
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I dont see many 4 door darts forsale on here for parts.I know there were lots made,i would like a 70-71 dart 4 door for parts.Im sure somebody has some sitting around somewere

Well, they are only going to get more scarce. I have been noticing it as well (even out here where the sheetmetal is in really good condition). So, I am assuming that you weren't able to find a 4-dr parts car out your way or is this for another project?

Not a parts car!
100_0129.jpg

100_0305.jpg

DSC04604.jpg

100_0300.jpg

I run across them all the time on craigslist, wholes car for under a grand.

there were 2 in west frankfort, Ill. a week or 2 ago CHEAP

I don't see too many. Last year there was one for sale close by me but they wanted 1600 for it and not in that good of condition

good luck

Here is one I am working on :naka:
Just seems like I can't get it up the hill .:clock:

Yall new I had to.8)

I think they hide better than the 2 doors do.:-k
Drive though some retirement area's and estate sale's.

To much info. Happy searchin!!!!!!!!!:cheers:

LIFE 276.jpg

ive seen them behind fences,in the woods,in barns with 3inches of dust and 30 years of junk piled on them.i even bought a car sittng in a swap once.Well,i didnt actually buy it,my grandpa said i could have it if i drove it out of there,so after about 20 mins,i drove it out,lol,it wasnt pretty though

Mike is right on about estate sales!!! Almost every weekend we look them up on craigslist and goto them. Nikki is happy cause she gets vintage girl stuff and I head right for the garage to see what tools, parts or cars are out there. I have gotten some good tools, ones made in the 50's that were made in America and built to last. I know there was an estate sale a few weeks ago that had a Ford unibody pick up for 500 bucks. The guy that screwed me out of the 65 Newport wagon a few weeks ago got the car at an estate sale for 700 bucks and it was a low mile one owner car. The title for it was one of the old carbon copy ones.

I read one theory once that 4drs were not as plentiful as one would think wheather it be Chryslers, chevs or furds, due to the fact that no one wanted to collect and restore them after their use as family vehicles, so most of them got badly molested and beaten by second and third owners, etc. I know anyone in highschool in the 70s who had a 4dr from the 60s would just beat on them(god the embarassment of having to drive a 4dr to school), then any parts that could go into a 2dr would be parted off it. Its kinda nice now lots of the younger crowd have some respect for 4drs. I've got a '63 fairlane thats original, lots of young kids wanting to buy it when it was sitting in the driveway.

my brother and I have a 69 4 door we are using for parts, I know of one other 69 dart four door near by going for $600 last I checked 273/904... dunno its current status but see it sittin every day I visit my brother.

then of course there is the 68 4 door I drive everyday.

i agree, nice to see there is more respect these days for the 4 door cars. I simply dread the day 4 door parts become more expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back