Whaddaya Think It's All Worth?

-

MoparGirl

Reaction score
So I bought a 73 Dart Sport a few years back (see orange car in my profile) with the intention of doing a resto-mod with a 340. I hated the orange and so stripped everything down to bare metal. Body work was getting more and more complicated as it really needed new quarters, floor pans, etc. More than just some spot filling. That really bummed me out since it was advertized as never seeing winter/salt and so I decided I wanted a better body to work with and bought a different car altogether for the 340. Now I have this completely torn down and only partially put back together car in my garage taking up space for the new car. It has everything to complete the project, I just don't have time to do two cars.

Here's the rundown:
1973 Dart Sport
318 from an 80's truck
904 tranny (came with car 70's)
8 1/4 rear

Have all glass (windshields not in but all other is), all interior is in and in good shape, carpet is new but not molded auto carpet but still very nice, all wiring was pulled for sandblasting but worked prior to pulling, extra instrument panel, new metro molded roof rails & deck lid weatherstrip. Has rallye wheels & Cooper tires, not sure about tire size.

Car would need to be trailered/towed, but my question is how much do y'all think I could get for it as-is? The bodywork I did is mainly filler/kitty hair, although both quarters needed new sheet metal (which I did.) It is not a professional job but will get by until someone can professionally correct. The rust is at bay at least. Paint is lime green lacquer with a few coats of clear on top.

Not looking to make a profit obviously, but hopefully recoup a little of my cash & free up some badly needed space in my garage. Here's a pic after paint and before glass, interior & trim put back.

Matt's snot rocket vi1.jpg

Hey Girl, You may not want to hear it but i'm gona give it to ya straight. Like a friend. Let me turn this music down. I'm off work and i've set the traps for the coons that's been stealing my deer feed and i'm setting here in the shop jammin to Alice Cooper Nights on the FM. Pink Floyd, "Dark side of the moon" just went off and now Ted is on, be right back,,,,,as in Nugent, "Strangle Hold"
O.K. Girl, you ask so here it comes. More pics would be helpful BUT your dealing with a whole lot less possible buyers when you let em know they have to put it back together. I'm just tellin ya the truth. Not many of us have tore down a car totally and put it all back together to make a running driving car. You've probably cut you buyer base by 75% and maybe more. A lot of people dont have the space to do a reassembly much less the knowledge or the funds, and heaven knows it takes funds. To answer your question you'll need to post more pics of what you have as far as parts. Is it a complete car or will the buyer have to purchase some items? If so what? With the info given it's gona be a tough guess. Maybe some interior shots, wheels and tires, give us some more info. I see ya got paint on it so that should be worth something and along with the other stuff you say is there? Parts value alone should plug in at maybe $1500-$2000. Just guessing.
Small Block

Don't know about you but I have had my Duster down to parade rest and have put it back together again and have also done it to a 74 F250 4x4, piece of cake just like building a model.

Hey Girl, You may not want to hear it but i'm gona give it to ya straight. Like a friend. Let me turn this music down. I'm off work and i've set the traps for the coons that's been stealing my deer feed and i'm setting here in the shop jammin to Alice Cooper Nights on the FM. Pink Floyd, "Dark side of the moon" just went off and now Ted is on, be right back,,,,,as in Nugent, "Strangle Hold"
O.K. Girl, you ask so here it comes. More pics would be helpful BUT your dealing with a whole lot less possible buyers when you let em know they have to put it back together. I'm just tellin ya the truth. Not many of us have tore down a car totally and put it all back together to make a running driving car. You've probably cut you buyer base by 75% and maybe more. A lot of people dont have the space to do a reassembly much less the knowledge or the funds, and heaven knows it takes funds. To answer your question you'll need to post more pics of what you have as far as parts. Is it a complete car or will the buyer have to purchase some items? If so what? With the info given it's gona be a tough guess. Maybe some interior shots, wheels and tires, give us some more info. I see ya got paint on it so that should be worth something and along with the other stuff you say is there? Parts value alone should plug in at maybe $1500-$2000. Just guessing.
Small Block

more pictures

Thanks for the replies. SmallBlock, I knew the truth was gonna be bad and that's okay. There's nothing that would need to be purchased to complete the project...it is all there just not together. I also know that generally people want to buy something that's running and they don't need to put alot of effort into. In other words, not many folks are gluttons for punishment like me. I see a car and say, "yeah that would be great IF..." and then start ripping it apart. LOL

A possible solution is to put all the glass back in and roll it outside, cover it up, and get to it at a much later date.

-
Back