What 15" tires are you using?

-

Steven190

Reaction score
I am looking at 215/65/15 and 255/60/15 tires for my project.

There does not seem to be much chose anymore, BF Goodrich TA's and Cooper Cobra's

What are any other choses for this size tire? I want this forums opinion before I get too involved in a search.

Thanks

275/60/15 on 15 x 8. 225/60/15 on front. 67 cuda no tubbing. Did trim the front fenders. I ended up running Mickey Thompsons. Very soft compound

Is this for your Dart? Are you using the stock tubs and spring location. I just fit a 255/40/18 on mine (same size as yours but 1" shorter) and I had to get the backspacing absolutely perfect and it's ridiculously tight.

What tire brands?

It is for a 69 Dart, stock rear springs with +1", stock tubs and spring location, want to use steel 15X7 and 15X8.

They only two brands I found is BF Goodrich and Cooper.

Has anyone used the Cooper?

Nitto drag radials. I have about 3k miles on them and they look like they will go another 10k at least. My old bfgs were bald in 10k and even when new would not hook at all. These Nittos spin maybe once or twice before hooking, I'm around 400hp and 4,400 stall. I'm a little different , I'd rather be 20 car lengths ahead and pinned to my seat than spinning my tires watching someone pull away from me.
:wave::wave::D:D

275/60/15 B.F.G Drag radials rear, 155r15 Kuhmo VW radials, up front.(15x8 rear/ 4.5 positive b.s.,15x4 up front, rim wise. Used the M.P.7/8" the relocation spring perches)

I'm running Mickey Thompson LT 26x10R15 on 7" rims on the back of my swinger plenty of room .Would stay away from drag radials if there's achance of getting caught in the rain,almost totaled my mustang after a pop up shower.Plan on putting the on 8"rims when I get my steelies.

I am looking at 215/65/15 and 255/60/15 tires for my project.

There does not seem to be much chose anymore, BF Goodrich TA's and Cooper Cobra's

What are any other choses for this size tire? I want this forums opinion before I get too involved in a search.

Thanks

I am running this exact combo on my 68 Dart with 6" up front and 7" BFG's on steelies in the back. Rear wheel offset is 3.5" and the drivers side fits well but the passenger side rubs a little. I think its going to be tough to fit 8's on the rear with 255's. I ran the Cooper Cobras before I swapped to big bolt pattern. They were nice tires and got a good amount of miles on them.

I'm using Kumho Ecsta AST 225/50/15 all around on a 7" wheel.

-
Back