what 4spd pedals do i need/can i use?

-

magnumdust

Reaction score
I'm doing a manual swap on a 73' duster. Brewers performance lists the 73/74 pedals seperately from other Abodies.

Can i only use pedals from those years or will others work?

The early A pedals are the bastards as far as exchanging with the later ones. the 67-72 are the same, I believe. The 73 and up are different, but will interchange with the 67-72. I have a set of the later ones......but I'm not sure which later ones. If somebody knows how to tell, I will be glad to look.....but I know they will bolt in and work for you.

The 73-76 brake pedal is a little different than the 67-72 pedal, the "arm" of the pedal has a 90* twist on it down by the pad and also has a different style rubber pad, the ribs run horizontally on them where as the 67-72 pads have the ribs running vertically. These are just cosmetic differences though, both styles will work in any 67-76 A body.

Thanks!, I just wanted to make sure before i ordered the a set of cuda pedals on ebay.

Well ****. Nevermind.

Check the forsale section on here, Cliff mentioned someone had a set for sale for 70ish

Yeah mine are the 67-72 pedals. Mine were a lot cheaper than that, but you did support a FABO member, because that's flmopars you got them from.

Yeah mine are the 67-72 pedals. Mine were a lot cheaper than that, but you did support a FABO member, because that's flmopars you got them from.

I guess i should've had some patience, but brewers performance has their reconditioned pedals for 350 and that ebay price seemed like a good deal.

All I wanted for mine was 125 shipped.

The 73-76 brake pedal is a little different than the 67-72 pedal, the "arm" of the pedal has a 90* twist on it down by the pad and also has a different style rubber pad, the ribs run horizontally on them where as the 67-72 pads have the ribs running vertically. These are just cosmetic differences though, both styles will work in any 67-76 A body.

You can even switch the early (64-66) with the later 67 up pedals, the main difference is the brake pedal on the early ones hang down over the column on the opposite side but they will interchange and work, just look different.

You can even switch the early (64-66) with the later 67 up pedals, the main difference is the brake pedal on the early ones hang down over the column on the opposite side but they will interchange and work, just look different.

Well that's good to know. I gotta extra set of the early ones too.

Well that's good to know. I gotta extra set of the early ones too.

Yea, I would not have thought they would, except I bought a 65 once that had a later set in it, and later got a 68 with an early set.

They do look out of place though when you know what they are suppose to look like.

-
Back