What 8 3/4 will fit...

-

FURY440

Reaction score
Is there a direct fit 8 3/4 that will go in my 66 Valiant Signet? I'd like to convert to 5 on 4 1/2 bolt circle since it's to hard to find nice wheels for a 5 on 4 bolt circle. Thank you..

Is there a direct fit 8 3/4 that will go in my 66 Valiant Signet? I'd like to convert to 5 on 4 1/2 bolt circle since it's to hard to find nice wheels for a 5 on 4 bolt circle. Thank you..
8 3/4s arent 5x4.5 bolt pattern unless you get aftermarket axles or have the axles drilled.

Thanks for that.

If you can't find an 8 1/4 then your best option is buy a C-body 8 3/4 and have it narrowed. You get the bigger pinion center (742 or 489 case), 11" brakes, and if you find one with non-tapered axles you can have them cut and resplined. If they are tapered, just get a new pair from Dr. Diff for $295.

Last edited:
If you're already considering an 8 1/4, another option is a BBP 7 1/4, as long as you don't plan to put any real HP to it. You can usually get them for cheap.

Last edited:
--Please don't drill the Axles. Just buy the correct ones. --
-- Good advice. -- Another option is to have a Machine Shop cut and re-spline longer axles - available in SWs, and other models. -- See post #10.

Another option is a BBP 7 1/4, as long as you don't plan to put any real HP to it. You can usually get them for cheap.

What years would work? It's a slant 6 car, so HP isn't an issue..LOL. Currently it has a 7 1/4 Sure-Grip.

Good god stop with that POS chart.

This has correct 8.75 lengths and other measurements.
Moparts on the Web - Main Index

The spring perch on ANY other model 8.75 won't be correctly located or way too long to mount in an A body car. The best of the rest is the 66-67 B rear. Perches are 1/2" further apart on each side. There have been a bunch of B rears installed in A over the years without moving perches.

-
Back