What Air Compressor Do You Have?

-
I've got two compressors. A 6HP/30 gal Porter Cable in the shop, and a little tiny 3 gallon Campbell Hausfeld that I use on the truck.

Here's one from the cheap seats. :roll: I bought this new in 1980 - Sears 4 horse, 20 Gallon, 220V. Last year it started acting up - one of the reed valves was worn and a screw fell out. I flipped all the valves over, locktighted the screws back in, and made new gaskets out of a Bud 12 pack carton. :rolleyes: The chain keeps it from falling off the shelf and I've done sandblasting, body work, and paint with it over the years. If it ever quits I'll buy a real compresser. ;)

[/IMG]

Attachments

• 000_5822.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 153
  • 000_5561.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 158
IR Type 30. 2cyl. 2 stage cast iron pump with a 5 hp. 220v. I've had it for years and bought it used back then!

Well I set mine in place yesterday. Now I have to wire it with 220V 30A breaker and run the air into the house. Can get serious about my paint job nowO:)

Attachments

• Comp1.JPG
    174.1 KB · Views: 161
  • Comp2.JPG
    177.4 KB · Views: 127
No I think I will paint it here! Or in the driveway, it already has the red overspray from painting the engine bay8) Seriously, I will prep the car in the shop and build a temporary booth for the color.

Attachments

• ShopA.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 130
  • ShopB.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 131
Mine $10 4 years ago and it keeps my lawn mower tires pumped up :toothy10:

I remember seeing this thread and had to take a picture :toothy10:
I see the air filter is gone :tongue9: Well another scuff pad will work again :-D

Attachments

• Spring 2011 007.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 101
Got home from work today and set to wiring the air compressor. Took about three hours and it was done. Hit the start switch and it started and ran up to 130 PSI and shut off. Bled it down with a valve and it started at 100 PSI and ran right back up to 130 PSI and shut off. Tomorrow I start running the 1/2" galvanized airlines inside the shop/garage. I have to come through the wall of the garage and start from there, putting drops wherever I think they should go. Lots of hand cutting and threading of galvanized steel pipe. I am looking forward to it a lot!:toothy10:
DR

Got home from work today and set to wiring the air compressor. Took about three hours and it was done. Hit the start switch and it started and ran up to 130 PSI and shut off. Bled it down with a valve and it started at 100 PSI and ran right back up to 130 PSI and shut off. Tomorrow I start running the 1/2" galvanized airlines inside the shop/garage. I have to come through the wall of the garage and start from there, putting drops wherever I think they should go. Lots of hand cutting and threading of galvanized steel pipe. I am looking forward to it a lot!:toothy10:
DR

Right on!
Make sure you check the break in procedure, if it has one.

Most seem to be 30min running with petcock/relief open.

the 'less filling', 'tastes great' debate.:boxing:

The my brand your brand his brand their brand our brand her brand this brand is better.:toothy10:
:happy1:

Oh...... I was just saying that's what I use....... He can use drain oil for all I care really. That's all........ Tell you what though, I got 2 gallons of soda/mustard/vinegar?tabasco based BBQ sauce brewin' in the kitchen right now, that may work just as well! (Good at chasing the wife/kids out of the kitchen too)

I have a few details to complete and I will add another hose reel on the ceiling at the nose end of the car. The hard part is done though. I will finish up a couple things this week and be ready to go to work again!
:toothy10:

Attachments

• Air3.JPG
    164.8 KB · Views: 92
  • Air5.JPG
    131.6 KB · Views: 88
  • Air6.JPG
    90.2 KB · Views: 82
My old Saylor-Beall.......she keeps on a tickin

Attachments

• DSC00597.JPG
    103.1 KB · Views: 84