What am I gonna do with these?

-
Reaction score
These are on my shelf in Michigan. Don't know who made them, or when, but think it was back when the slant-6 was still a current-production engine. Don't know that I've ever seen a set of headers with provisions for a factory automatic choke (and provisions for a heat-tube type automatic choke, too). Don't know what I'm going to do with them; headers are against my religious beliefs.
redbeard.gif

Headers_1.JPG

Headers_2.JPG

Headers_3.JPG

Those are really nice Dan. I'm sure they will go to a good home.

I think, if you find a new home for them, it should still be in Michigan.

I love to have them for my 1963 Dart GT...
Let the bidding begin... or what do want to trade for?
TXDart

WOW!!!!!!!!!!! They look like they will clear the 170/ low deck water pump Dan.
we could make a trade maybe if they don't run straight to my steering box.
But they could be cut to miss it I guess :roll: I am sure you know it is made for a 500 Holley

Attachments

• CAIN%20Slant%20Six%20intake%20002.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 515
  • CAIN%20Slant%20Six%20intake%20011.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 508
they kind of look like the new aussie speed ones... maybe the old dougs version? ive seen one set of those...

Dang I would love to have a set like that. Would it work on a 225 and a Super Six intake?

Dang I would love to have a set like that. Would it work on a 225 and a Super Six intake?
I am sure the headers will work with you intake Cliff, But not sure about clearing our steering box on our early A Plymouth's 8)

I am sure the headers will work with you intake Cliff, But not sure about clearing our steering box on our early A Plymouth's 8)

I have no idea Mike. I am really new to /6 and have really started learning.

:burnout:Dan ,,You could just send them to me.They sure would work nicely on my 69 Dart..Ill even pay shipping .............lol Really are nice I would love to have them....

They'll fit on any slant-6 engine, but I don't know what vehicles they will or won't fit. I haven't tried to fit them in any vehicle, and can't foresee myself using them, so I guess I oughtta sell them to someone. My notes from when I bought them say they were for an Australian Valiant, which would've been an A-body, but with the steering box and column over on the other side, out of the way.

You could send 'em back to Oz Dan, today is my birthday and I didn't get any presents:toothy6: (not so subtle hint)

Dan
I may be interested. As I designed the current version of the Aussie Speed headers I tend to agree they would be for a Right Hand Drive A Body. Also the OZ starters are smaller than our standard gear reduction starters. This may play a part in fitment as well.
Pm me if your interested in a trade or cash,
Thanks,
Frank

Wasn't anticipating this level of interest! I want to sell them to someone who'll put them to good use. Don't want to put them on eBay. Not real sure what to do; will try to respond to all PMs in the next day or so.

i am putting a offer on a 75 Coronet 4dr with a slant need as much help getting HP out of that /6 as i can
and i would have more room than an A body
Steve

Wasn't anticipating this level of interest! I want to sell them to someone who'll put them to good use. Don't want to put them on eBay. Not real sure what to do; will try to respond to all PMs in the next day or so.

Pm me a price cause I sure could use them on my 65 Barracuda and will put them to use.

More info:

Yes, they were made in Australia (still don't know when or by whom) and will fit at least '63-'69 (and possibly also '60-'62) A-bodies with RH-drive, also trucks and vans. Likely also B- and/or C-bodies, not confirmed. LH-drive A-bodies such as we have in North America, probably not (collectors look to be right on target to hit the steering box).

Primary pipes are 1½". Rectangular flange ports are ~1.128" × 1.388". Collector OD is 2½". Tube wall thickness is 0.069" (which is between 15ga and 16ga).

Front collector has a small dent, see photos. Easy with a ball peen hammer, even easier with a pipe expander.

Rear collector for some strange reason is swaged to something a bit smaller than the collector's basic 2½" OD. A connector adaptor could easily be slipped over these and welded to the pipes, then about ½" sliced off the collector to undo this OD reduction.

Are you the same Dan I meet in Denver 10 years ago when I bought my vc ute over? Those headers would work perfect.
Cheers Pete

-
Back