What are some good HID conversion lights?

-

Dartboy69

Slant Six Aint Cuttin It
Reaction score
im looking to convert the headlamps on my dart to hid, the stock ones just arent working out. i like to do a lot of night driving so this would be good for me, any suggestions on companies, price, ease of install, and maybe something that would NOT have to run relays?

Asking for more lighting power without installing relays can be like asking for 500 hp but not wanting to upgrade a 5/16" fuel line.

The most important question is which is more important - do you want HIDs, or do you simply want better lighting? If you simply want better lighting at a reasonable cost, I'd go to Daniel Stern Lighting and get some of the high powered H4 lamps and relays he sells.

For a serious HID light that's not some disaster created by bodging HID lights into halogen reflectors, try ValeoSylvania XE7s. They're weird looking but the real deal, engineered from ground up to make the reflector and bulb work correctly as a package and put light where you need it.

http://www.xesighting.com/products.html

Expensive, but that's the cost of doing things correctly.

thanks matt, i definitely just want some better lighting, those hid's are a bit out of my price range

You can always check out the ad on the right side of this page "electrosport"

He his a member here, and probably can get a discount.

Good luck!

Have you checked the Year one catalog? they have a pretty nice hid conversion. It uses h4 bulbs (that you can get in xenon) and looks real nice. You can even get it in a "original look" lens cut. I'm thinking it about getting them for my duster.

Hope this helps,

Benjamin

Have you checked the Year one catalog? they have a pretty nice hid conversion. It uses h4 bulbs (that you can get in xenon)...

Not really. You can get HID bulbs that physically fit into an H4 socket, but produce the wrong beam pattern. You can get "xenon" bulbs that are really halogens with a blue filter. But you can't get HID lights that give a correct beam pattern in a H4 reflector any more than you can get HeNe lasers to work with your taillight reflectors.

Not really. You can get HID bulbs that physically fit into an H4 socket, but produce the wrong beam pattern. You can get "xenon" bulbs that are really halogens with a blue filter. But you can't get HID lights that give a correct beam pattern in a H4 reflector any more than you can get HeNe lasers to work with your taillight reflectors.

So what is the kit from Year One then? I've been considering this same kit...

-
Back