What are the stock brake measurments?

-

Joker13

Reaction score
1968 Barracuda, 318, drums all around, small bolt pattern.

I keep finding conflicting information about the sizes of the drums and the shoes.
I am finally getting around to ordering brake parts and want to be sure to get the right parts on the first try.

Also, who do you recommend:
Rockauto? (I don't like the lack of customer service. Been waiting days for email reply)
Summit?
PST?
Dr Diff does not deal with 5 on 4
Centric?

SHOULD be 10 inch drums on there if its a factory 318 car. I would pull a wheel and just lay a tape on there just to be 100%. I usually get my brake parts at NAPA or Rock Auto.

Are there different widths for the shoes? I guess I can measure the depth of the drum.

A gut at PST was convinves all small bolt patterns are 9", but I know I read that 318 with drums all around are 10"

Are there different widths for the shoes? I guess I can measure the depth of the drum.

A gut at PST was convinves all small bolt patterns are 9", but I know I read that 318 with drums all around are 10"
All small bolt pattern are not 9". Most 6 cyl are 9" but could have been ordered with an upgraded brake package, even front disc. The shoe should be 1 3/4 width, but if your getting a shoe for the 10 inch drum with small bolt pattern it should automatically be the right width.

All small bolt pattern are not 9". Most 6 cyl are 9" but could have been ordered with an upgraded brake package, even front disc. The shoe should be 1 3/4 width, but if your getting a shoe for the 10 inch drum with small bolt pattern it should automatically be the right width.

Thank you. I do remember reading that 8cyl were 10"

-
Back