What are these worth?

-

7duster4

Reaction score
I have been looking for another old Mopar. I posted a thread on a real nice '65 Coronet 4-door for sale but it sold. I still really like the '65 Chryslers. I found this 300 two-door hardtop about an hours drive. I e-mailed the seller and he sent me some more pics and info.

http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/carsforsale/chrysler/300/1052993.html

Definetly needs some TLC. but everything seems minor. Some surface rust but nothing major. I really like these bodys and interiors. I drove a '65 Newyorker last year and thought it was great. Says the price is negotiable. What do these typically go for? Is there a vendor or website of some sort that sells parts for these cars? Ebay was all I could think of. I know the C-bodys are the least desirable Mopars maybe thats why its tough to get parts. Just thought I would get second opinions before I go check it out in person. Hope I posted this in the right thread, if not can it be moved. Thanks

Thanks everyone for any helpful info.

http://www.cbodydrydock.com/news.phpn They do drive awesome, kinda floaty...My buddy bought a 1 owner 72 imperial 440 4 door car, 58,000 literally old womans car.....he has had it 10 years he paid 4,500 for it..But this thing was very very nice...power everything, Orig paint..No rot anywhere The interior is absolutly stunning and the car still looks awesome today.. His car is 19ft 3inches from bumper to bumper no kidding....... The only thing he has done is all new shocks, all 4 tires, new a/c compressor and a recharge, full tune up maybe a few other things.Thats over 10years...They are tough cars.. He thinks his car is worth near the 8 to 10 grand range today... and yes It's that nice..I hope this helps in your decision...

These c bodies are very cool I have a 65 coronet 500 conv and it is difficult to find parts. I found out that the 65s are a 1 year only and the 500s were only sold in the U S so parts are few but well worth finding. I saw a 65 500 conv here in canada and the owner sold it to a person from the states he said he got 80 grand us it was a nice car and a 426 4 gear dual carb original car. Mine is also a 426 but auto and i dont have the original drive line but a good 440 will do me just fine lol. So o say go for it its always good to see different mopars on the road

He gave me his home phone. Im going to call him and hopefully look at it some evening this week. He told me in an e-mail it needs a lead additive to drive. I know gas had lead back then but what harm would modern fuel be on a 383? I have never heard of this before. He says he only drives it around the neighorhood to keep things flowing and running. Are the 383's reliable in any way. Obviously they are powerful engines but do they hold up even after 40 years? Sure would be cool to own and restore but I would still like to drive it in the meantime.

Thanks everyone

My father-in-law had a 70(?) New Yorker with the option book thrown at it down to the power vent windows.
He stated that the thing ran great but the gas mileage had gone to hell.
I drove it for a week and beat the snot out of that 440. That was after I replaced the rubber fuel line between the frame and the fuel pump.
I should have bought it when he passed.

there is a 66-67 Chrysler imperial I pass everyday on my way to work, clean body, they just put it up for sale, it's about 98 miles or so east of you, send me a pm and I'll give you the location, if you think you might be interested in it, I don't know what they want for it, but I could head to work early and find out and take some pics on my cell phone if you'd like.

Just wanted to write an update about the 300. I went and looked at it yesterday, needless to say it needs quite a bit of work. All kinds of little things need to be done. Defiently overpriced. So that car is out. I did however find this 300 up in Columbus. But this is an "L" model, and its even a convertible, which I know are rare. Too bad its just a little more money than what I would want to spend. But looks good judging from the ad. I e-mailed the seller about what it needs and so far he only said there is some rust in the quarters and some in the trunk but the drivetrain is all good. Here is the link:

http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/1733380967.html

An L convert for that money aint to bad, I would go check it out. Bring cash, money talks real loud when it's set on the hood.

300 Letter cars are very collectable and very cool cars. That 300 L you posted the link to is a very nice car. My buddy had a 65' 300 L and that car was so cool. 413 V8 would light em' up from a dead stop at a red light both wheels cooking rubber like no tomorrow. I wish I had the cash I would be all over one of these cars if I could get my hands on one.

I also love the '65 Chryslers....they are much more nimble and less floaty than the later C-bodies mentioned in the above posts. If that convertible is really a 300L it is quite rare and if it isn't rotted from the inside out that is a good price. Just be realistic about the car's condition and how much of an undertaking it is to restore it. I hope it turns out to be a great find for you. How cool would it be to own an original 300L...413. Sigh. =P~

-
Back