What are these?

-

Freezerman

Reaction score
I have to send pictures twice. The first one is what are the rubber cups on the pushrods for? The second is what do these exhaust manifolds fit and are they any good? Both have a 1975 date code. One casting number 3870337-3, the other 3830684. Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 374
Picture of manifolds

Attachments

• image.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 380
my guess is those are the umbrella style valve stem seals some knucklehead didn't know what to do with...

I would be concerned about the engine and who last worked on it! Those look like valve stem seals on the pushrods!

LOL valve stem seals on pushrods.....lol Those look like mid 70's manifolds for 318-360

Great I thought they might be umbrella seals, guess I better check the tops.

I pulled the rockers and there is seals on the valve stems too. I am going to pull the heads and take a look. Any more info on the manifolds?

well It finally happened my wife said some day I was going to fall off my chair laughing and this is the one that brought my big *** off the chair OOOOOOOOO dammit boy!!!!!!!!!!!!....I sure hope that guy didn't rebuild that motor..ya I would take them off..thanks I needed that...........Artie

Maybe he hed problems with the pushrods popping off of the lifters....

The seals are to keep the lifters from bleeding down and adds 3 horsepower....

He wanted to use every part in the rebuild gasket kit....

Maybe he hed problems with the pushrods popping off of the lifters....

The seals are to keep the lifters from bleeding down and adds 3 horsepower....

He wanted to use every part in the rebuild gasket kit....
oooooo that's funny are you shore its not 5hp:eek:ops:.....Artie

Still laughing. 30 years in the parts business thought I might have seen it all.Thanks for sharing.

Whooda ever thunk of that!???....puttin' guide seals on lifters.....just when you think you've seen it all......

I pulled the rockers and there is seals on the valve stems too. I am going to pull the heads and take a look. Any more info on the manifolds?

I have a set like those. Came off a 360 powered 74 mini motor home. Give us the casting #'s for a positive I.D.

The casting numbers for the manifolds are in the first post at the top

well It finally happened my wife said some day I was going to fall off my chair laughing and this is the one that brought my big *** off the chair OOOOOOOOO dammit boy!!!!!!!!!!!!....I sure hope that guy didn't rebuild that motor..ya I would take them off..thanks I needed that...........Artie

Wish i could have seen that!!!!

My wife ran into the room when I saw it wondering what the heck got me so tickled!!!!

I tend to have a lot of bourbon induced screwups, but I don't think I've ever had one that classic!!!!!

Yeah I checked with the guy I bought it from. Sounds like they had the heads done and then his son and a buddy put them on. I am guessing the seals came with a kit or something and they put them in there. The seals are in place under the springs so that is good!

-
Back