What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
rebuilding wipers on my 68 valiant. new motor, seals, now have grease zerks :cheers:

GOT IT RUNNING YESTERDAY! New drive line, rad to exhaust tips rebuilt or replaced. Now comes the test and tune part. SO glad to be back on the road.

This was actually a week ago but who's counting. Went to dyno and watched them break in 318, it went well. Hoping to get back and get in car for some fall cruising yet before the white stuff come. Had a video but unable to upload it, said it was to big. :banghead:

Attachments

• 318 at dyno.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 324
Made a divice to pick up the front of Scamp so that the 383 can be installed from the bottom. It will be for sale after engine is in. Getting excited about project. Stay tuned, Tom

Rolled the 72 outside and ran water into the t-housing to flush out the 2 back freeze plug holes out and rolled it back in the shop and got it up on jack stands to put the plugs in tmrw night then it should be ready to put the trans in! Hopin to at least yard drive it b4 winter!!

Today I re-foamed the driver's seat, installed all seats and glued the carpet strips around the console - moving closer to finishing the carpet install. The only thing left is the passageway carpet and some trim screws.

Here's a before pic taken on October 4th and the after pic taken a minute ago (not very good at night)! I used a suggestion from another FABO member (XMOPARX) on the insulation. I wanted to have it done for the Virginia Fall Classic in Newport News Virginia on the 25th.

Attachments

• Floor Before.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 326
  • After floor pic.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 328
Laid down carpet,kick panels & door sills, today. If it doesn't rain tomorrow, possibly the front race bucket seats.

last two days, put on 3 inch exhaust w crossover, tried to rebuild brakes but got wrong wheel clyinders / hoses and hardware, welded in new lower core support, put in new radiator, welded 4 speed bump down, put in driveshaft conversion joint and installed driveshaft, installed new 3/8 fuel line front to back, got front side marker lights working, filled 4 speed w type F, test fit motor home seats that look like a100 seats in car, .......drinking beer now :D

Intake and carb came in a couple of days ago for the Dart.
Intake and carb for the Barracuda motor build showed up Saturday.
Body man came over today to look at painting the engine compartment on the Barracuda.
Bought a 73 Club Cab SWB parts truck for the Spirit of 76 project. (But the parts truck is straight and may swap a 360 from a truck with a bent frame)
Got the 84 SWB /6 running and hope to test drive it some this week!!!! WINTER TRUCK!
Drove the Charger a couple days this week!!!!!!!

Lots of Mopar stuff going on now!!:D

Made the 200 mile trip back home from the big show in Henderson, NC .... If I stayed under 60mph I averaged 15.8mph ! very surprised....

Not today but Friday

Took it to a cruise in at Bowman Field in Louisville, ky and then stopped on the way home and filled up with 110 put 4 oz of Blue STABIL.

Will be cleaning it up and getting ready for winter slumber

Took my daycare provider and her boyfriend for a ride in the dart Saturday. Neither have been in a muscle car before. My girlfriend was sitting shotgun when we left town. I left it in first chatting it up until the 55mph sign. Dropped the hammer and the noises coming from the back seat were priceless.

Well I got started on my dash beautification project, the fun has yet begun but at least now I know the bead rolled flame jobs in the door panels WILL show up afterwards, should be kinda ghost flame looking. Will try to come up with some arm rest for the doors later on.
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/attachment.php?attachmentid=1714765251&stc=1&d=1415351146
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/attachment.php?attachmentid=1714765252&stc=1&d=1415351214
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/attachment.php?attachmentid=1714765253&stc=1&d=1415351348

Attachments

• Picture 024.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 267
  • Picture 025.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 282
  • i12073[1].jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 277
Well I put the first peice in to see how its gonna look, it tones it down quite a bit and thats what I wanted to do, now to do the rest. The second pic is what Im up against to get the windows to roll up and down, the previous owner kinda gutted the doors, I guess just to get the regulators out to save a whole whopping total of maybe 2 pounds per door??? Damn butchers but hey at least they cut it out in straight lines so I should be able to find some donor doors and do some grafting....I hope. If that dont pan out then power windows will be the next option.
I could easily spend the up coming summer working on just the interior but damn I got to get it to a point where I can move on or its just gonna continue sitting there....need to be out cruising the streets not sitting.
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/attachment.php?attachmentid=1714766804&stc=1&d=1415857273
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/attachment.php?attachmentid=1714766805&stc=1&d=1415857311

Attachments

• Picture 026.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 284
  • Picture 028.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 281
Driving the piss out of it (again) :)

Well, maybe a little more minor bodywork if it's not too cold.

Attachments

• dirt.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 247
Nothing to the Dart, it is on the lift covered, full of fuel with STABIL added

But have to change the wheels on my Daily driver and put the painted wheels on and take chrome off for the winter. 36 deg for a high, chance of snow this weekend so they sprayed the brine solution on the roads today HATE THAT CRAP

So it will be a little more plain looking for the next 5 months

View attachment image.jpg

Will probably be inside down

Nothing to the Dart, it is on the lift covered, full of fuel with STABIL added

But have to change the wheels on my Daily driver and put the painted wheels on and take chrome off for the winter. 36 deg for a high, chance of snow this weekend so they sprayed the brine solution on the roads today HATE THAT CRAP

So it will be a little more plain looking for the next 5 months

View attachment 1714766916

Will probably be inside down

brine solution??? sounds like something that dissolves metal !!!

All I did was put the pumpkin away for the winter and did the same with my truck as well after I washed and waxed before the cold snap.

Attachments

• IMG_1791.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 206
-
Back